xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ndure Exploit Won't Work On Two Different Consoles  (Read 366 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Ndure Exploit Won't Work On Two Different Consoles
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

It may be the version of Splinter Cell you are using. There are some disks that won't load the exploit. There are posts here that tell you what version you need.

Unfortunately I don't know the version off the top of my head. I have always used Mech Assault to load mine. I have actually found one Mech Assault disk that wouldn't work for some reason.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »

I'd rule out the SC disc version being a problem as well.

Obviously I haven't tested them all myself but the reason using SC is always the prime recommendation here is because there are said to be no known versions which don't work. Plenty of old threads here have repeated this claim so I'd think it very unlikely that was the the issue. My own experience confirms original and Classic PAL versions work I even have a PAL SC/Jet Set Radio dual game disc which came bundled with one of my Xboxes and that works.

Only thing I'm not sure about is whether disc region makes a difference to being able to launch the exploit. I've never had a NTSC copy of the SC to try on a PAL console or visa versa so until told otherwise I'd treat it as if it is doesn't work.

So, assuming you're using an original PAL SC disc and PAL Xbox, I'd be looking at the gamesave/exploit region as the more likely possible cause of the trouble. I'm not sure how you check that unless the original source for the files tells you. When using SC you need the specific PAL versions to use with a PAL console.

I'd look for a download which clearly specified the region and try again.  I'd suggest re-downloading the gamesave/exploit from a different place anyway because it could just be a problem with that particular source.

Also check that your MS dash is v.5960 before doing anything. If not run any Live enabled game and it should update it.

jopopoe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:39:00 AM »

Thank you for your answer.

My save game is PAL, I'm sure of it. I've tried different sources to no avail.

My dash is indeed 5960 on both consoles.

I've been told that I should use an official memory card (I was using the one that came with the
Action Replay) so I just bought one and now I have to wait for it, so I'll try again in a couple of weeks !

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »

I don't see how using an official memory card is going to help unless the idea is that the memory device you've been using is suspected of corrupting the SC game save/exploit. I suppose it is possible and maybe another thing to add to the long list of the XBox's quirky behaviour with USB devices.

Hope it works but whatever the result please let us know.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »

Another way to get Ndure on your Xbox is to use a smaller exploit first. You would load this exploit onto the memory card from the PC and then onto the Xbox. Run the game and load the exploit until you get FTP access. From there you would FTP Ndure over to the Xbox. Reboot, delete the older exploit and run the Ndure from the game.

Phoenix Bios Loader (PBL) is an older smaller exploit.

After you get Ndure on your Xbox, you should be able to copy it to your memory card for future use. I remember helping someone and this is the only way they could get Ndure to the Xbox.

Sorry, my brain has been on idle with Xbox stuff and I am not as sharp as I used to be.

jopopoe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »

Hello again everyone !

I received my official memory card and it solved my problem !
Everything is installed properly, now I just have to find how to activate 480p and I'll play some conker on my projector !

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »

Assuming it is a NTSC or region changed PAL console you can use either the MS dash or UnleashX (System > Settings > Video Display) to enabled 480p/720p/1080i although most games only support 480p.

One thing; if you have installed a softmod with Shadow C protection you'll have to use the tool provided totemporarily disable it to be able to fix the any resolution changes.

jopopoe

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »

It's a PAL xbox, and I'm trying to change the region but I think it doesn't work.

I enabled 480p/720p/1080i in UnleashX, but the option for 480p is not present in the official dashboard.
And the official dashboard is not saving my settings. If I put 16/9 and PAL 60, next time I will reboot the console the settings will have gone back to default. Same thing for enabling DD and DTS.

I'm sorry but I don't know what shadow C protection is.

jopopoe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »

I'm sorry I didn't find how to edit my last post, so I'll continue here :

I found a way to play in 480p :

I launch the xbox, unleashX starts in 480p. I launch the original Microsoft dash from UnleashX, the image is still in 480p. Then in the MS Dash I set Video to 16/9, I enable DD and DTS, and I put the DVD I want to play to. The game starts, in 480p and with surround sound.

The problem is those settings reset themselves each time I turn off the console, and my MS dash does not have the option for progressive scan.

I'll go try to find a solution again ^^