xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Will You Help Me  (Read 576 times)

alessandro2013

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« on: October 07, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »

Hello everyone I just got an Xbox crystal, the change has to read the burned DVD, I would like to know if I can make him read from the games' HDD and a Maxtor 160GB if not I also have your original 20GB

I do not know that change has made ​​it a year after taking the Xbox.

When I turn on the xbox access the dashboard
(IMG:http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/69/84/56/foto10.jpg)

Here are pictures of my motherboard
(IMG:http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/69/84/56/foto_110.jpg)

(IMG:http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/69/84/56/foto_410.jpg)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english but I'm Italian

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 06:16:00 AM »

I hope you read English a little better than you write it or any advice you are given here will be difficult for you to understand.

It is not clear what you want to do. It seems like you want to replace the original Microsoft Xbox HDD (8 - 10GB) with a Maxtor 160GB so you can install Xbox games and play them from the HDD. Is that correct? If yes, that should be no problem.

Your Xbox does not appear to have a chip so, being a v1.6 Crystal, it must be softmodded. The HDD upgrade method easiest to describe is using the Xbox HDD cloning program: Chimp2618.

One thing I would suggest is that you install an UnleashX dash to replace the EvoX one your picture shows you are using. It will make doing some things a bit easier. You can find UnleashX from many places but if you find another Xbox program: HeXEn. This will help with that and its tool set prove useful in many other ways.

Any bilingual English/Italian speakers here please help.

1hotjob

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »

Before you do anything, back up the C and E drives to the PC. If anything goes wrong you will have the files to build a new HD using your computer.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 04:47:00 AM »

^ Good advice. Important to backup the eeprom too.

As alessandro2013 appears to be using the EvoX dash which has eeprom Backup on the main menu that is the first thing to do.

alessandro2013

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »

I hope you read English a little better than you write it or any advice you are given here will be difficult for you to understand.

It is not clear what you want to do. It seems like you want to replace the original Microsoft Xbox HDD (8 - 10GB) with a Maxtor 160GB so you can install Xbox games and play them from the HDD. Is that correct? If yes, that should be no problem.

Your Xbox does not appear to have a chip so, being a v1.6 Crystal, it must be softmodded. The HDD upgrade method easiest to describe is using the Xbox HDD cloning program: Chimp2618.

One thing I would suggest is that you install an UnleashX dash to replace the EvoX one your picture shows you are using. It will make doing some things a bit easier. You can find UnleashX from many places but if you find another Xbox program: HeXEn. This will help with that and its tool set prove useful in many other ways.

Any bilingual English/Italian speakers here please help.

I would like to know how I can load games from HDD

How do I put games on HDD, I've already changed HDD but I know that and locked

How am I supposed to read the emulators?

Before you do anything, back up the C and E drives to the PC. If anything goes wrong you will have the files to build a new HD using your computer.

Thank you very much for advice

^ Good advice. Important to backup the eeprom too.

As alessandro2013 appears to be using the EvoX dash which has eeprom Backup on the main menu that is the first thing to do.

I did not understand what you want to say

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »

OK.

You could have an Emulator folder in the EvoX dash Launch menu but looking at that picture you posted I'm suspecting it might be an EvoX installation with shortened menu options.

You should install an UnleashX dash as I suggested. Using the default skin this will give you an Emulators sub-menu available via the main menu. UnleashX also has the advantage of an excellent File Explorer.

If shambles180 or one of the other long time experts were here I'm sure they'd suggest other solutions but for what it's worth this is what I'd do:-

1). Using Google or whatever find and burn HeXEn (Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc) to DVD-R at the slowest supported speed.

2). Use HeXEn to upgrade your softmod and install an UnleashX dashboard.

3). Find and burn AID (Auto Installer Deluxe) 4.53 to disc (as above ^) and use that to install all the emulators you're ever likely to want.

To install Xbox games on the HDD from their original disc you just need to use the Xbox app: DVD2Box. This comes as standard (you may well have it already) with almost all softmod packages and both HeXEn and AID have it too. So if it is not there already just copy it into your Apps folder from the Applications selection found on either disc.

The EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programable Read Only Memory). Google or whatever for more information but in the case of the Xbox it is used to refer to the actual eeprom.bin file, a stored  key code used to lock the HDD to the motherboard. If the HDD is not locked it won't work. Keeping a backup copy of that file on PC is useful for obvious reasons.

If you use HeXEn backing up the eeprom is part of the process and you have probably done it as part of your original softmod anyway, even if you don't know where it is. But that is another reason why using UnleashX is a better choice than EvoX. With the UnleashX File Explorer you can find the eeprom.bin file and FTP it to you computer more easily.

Hope this is all clear to you. If not post again and I or somebody else here will try to help.

This post has been edited by fallenangle: Oct 9 2013, 12:42 PM

alessandro2013

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »

Can you give me the link to download the necessary files?

I do not know if you'll ever need, but you also put these pictures

(IMG:http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/69/84/56/foto_111.jpg)

(IMG:http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/69/84/56/foto_210.jpg)

(IMG:http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/69/84/56/foto_310.jpg)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »

Auto-Xbins

Xbins is the standard site to get files from. This auto program creates a login and gets you to where you can get the files you need. There is a limit for each days downloads, so get what you need. You may need to visit a couple of days in a row. I don't know the limit. It has been a very long time since I have been on there, so I can't point you to specific files. There is an Xbox and an Xbox 360 section, so that makes it easier.

alessandro2013

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 01:39:00 AM »

And I'm sorry with the swap HDD I can put games on HDD? and right that the law burned games?

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 04:58:00 AM »

If you're talking about illegally copied/pirated games then the discussion about this will have to end on this forum pretty quickly.

Ripping ie. copying your Xbox games from their original disc to the HDD no problem. Downloading homebrew and freeware ports of old PC games and FTPing them to the HDD no problem either, I think, but almost anything else you won't get any help with.  

My advice still stands: Google HeXEn and Auto Installer Deluxe 4.53. Download them, burn them to DVR-R. Upgrade you softmod using HeXEn, installing either an UnleashX dash or XBMC to replace your  EvoX dash. Then use AID to install emulators and other useful apps.  

Between HeXEn and AID they'll do everything you want with the Xbox.

This post has been edited by fallenangle: Oct 10 2013, 11:59 AM

alessandro2013

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 04:57:00 AM »

I want to change my old HDD with a new one but I have a softmod, can I transfer the softmod on the new 500GB HDD?

and no I just want to copy from the original DVD to HDD I do not want to do anything illegal, I bought the games and now I want to put them in the HDD.

This post has been edited by alessandro2013: Oct 11 2013, 12:01 PM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 05:40:00 AM »

Good I'm glad that's understood.

I always suspicious when people contradict themselves. You said you'd already changed your HDD to a 160GB Maxtor depite the pictures indicating the softmod was still using the retail HDD.

One last go:-

Refer to my earlier reply ie. use Chimp2618 to clone whatever HDD you have to another HDD. Nothing will be lost. Search here for tutorials about how to use Chimp2618.

Also refer to my answer about ripping original Xbox game discs to the HDD using DVD2Xbox. Using the UnleashX dash I also recommended you install there is also a Copy Disc option in the main main.

You have all the information you need but if you don't understood it there's not much more I can  do.  

alessandro2013

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 01:15:00 AM »

I have it mounted a 160GB HDD but not having the modification, then put it back to 20GB

And how can I do to change dashboard?

And how can I put the emulators ? there is a DVD to put the xbox that installs them?

Can you explain step by step how to connect my Xbox to my PC to transfer games and make a backup disk?

And how can I put games on HDD from pc? I cloned from the original DVD to a PC and an ISO but I do not know if I can put the ISO HDD

This post has been edited by alessandro2013: Oct 12 2013, 08:29 AM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »

One very last time:-

Find the tutorials here on how to install a larger HDD using Chimp2618 or whatever method is easiest for you. Then get the equipment and find the downloads you'll need (Google) and burn them to DV-R at the slowest speed available.

As said before I recommend that you:-

Use Chimp2618 to clone your existing softmodded HDD. You know that HDD works so any clone will work in exactly the same way unless the new HDD can not be locked.

Once done put that new HDD in your Xbox.

Use HeXEn to upgrade the softmod to the newest, safest one available. It will also install the dashboard of choice ie. UnleashX as part of the process

Use Auto Installer Deluxe v4.53 to install emulators and apps etc.

This post has been edited by fallenangle: Oct 12 2013, 02:20 PM

alessandro2013

• Archived User
Will You Help Me
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »

Thanks a lot, now it all figured out, you are the greatest that there are in the world.

Just one last thing I wanted to know, can I change the dashboard having already the evolution x?
Pages: [1] 2