xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox To Pc  (Read 192 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Xbox To Pc
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

It sounds from your description as if you're saying you have the SC exploit/installer on the USB memory device but the Xbox doesn't recognise or refuses to work with it. If so, sounds like you have one of the many incompatible USB drives there are.

I assume you:

1). Are using a 4GB memory device or smaller.

2). Did format it to FATX.

3). Did use Xplorer360 to get the the exploit/installer saves onto the device.

If you did all this then you could try another USB drive or, guaranteed to work, Xbox memory card. The latter will require a USB to Xbox controller adapter.

Alternatively read the thread at present literally just below this one, it should set you on the best alternative path.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=743174

Newbsie

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »

Hey
No I had not tried the xplorer360, I am using a 4gig cruzer. The thing is I have tried a formatting program and using the Xbox itself to format the drive but the software (tried two different programs) will not promt a clickable "format" button to push. Other odd thing is before I had posted the Xbox would format the drive but tonight it will not even notice the cruzer is plugged in.
My first thought is I have a bad adaptor cable, I made a new adaptor and its still not being noticed. I am fairly confident of my soldering skills(I like to think I'm being modest with that comment) but everyone has an off day.
I'm going to try another cable build and find a cheap thumbdrive and keep persisting. If I still can't make it work I am either going to try the hotswap deal or Craigslist the Xbox and just build a super cheap pc to do the job, I just really liked how the Xbox fit nicely in the living room and that it has the y/r/w component out.
Thank you for the help. If I get the adaptor/USB problem fixed then your advice sounds like it will save my project
Thanks
Newbsie

Movax

• Recovered User
Xbox To Pc
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »

You don't want Linux. Look into XBMC4xbox and some xbox compatible add-ons like Navi-X.

Newbsie

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »

Hello,
Well good news but I have another snag.  Tested my adaptor and the oe USB female end was faulty and the cause of my issues. I soldered up every contact point and got good voltage through it.
I was able to format the flashdrive on the Xbox then used the xplorer360(thanks for that hint) to load the files.  I was able to copy the two exploits onto the Xbox hd and all looked good. Booted up splinter cell but when I click on "check points"  after clicking Linux it just sits there.  Tried it a couple more times but keeps doing the same.
It seems like I'm following instructions correctly but I may just be missing a key move here. Any more help?
I really do appreciate all the help so far, just need a little more hand holding.  I am going to look over those Linux alternatives tonight too. Thanks

hangover

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 04:28:00 AM »

If all you want is a media player then just chip/tsop flash or softmod it and install XBMC, Linux wont run any better on it than a current XBMC install. Once you have xbmc running you can use a FAT32 formatted 4gig cruzer to transfer files to the xbox.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Xbox To Pc
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »

^^ It sounds as if you're doing everything correctly as regards the technique so I'd guess that it is a problem with the particular installer/exploit game saves you're using. If they've been unpacked correctly and transferred to the Xbox's HDD OK  they should work.

I don't know where you got them from (please do not post the link on this this forum or you may have your posting rights suspended or worse } but I'd re-download a fresh copy or find them somewhere else. Try again and report.