xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need Help With A Couple Of Things.  (Read 163 times)

Xombe

• Archived User
I Need Help With A Couple Of Things.
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »

Unlock a softmodded Xbox's hard drive and it will cease to function.

Unlock a chipped Xbox and it won't really matter unless the chip fails or you want to boot to the stock bios (re: turn the chip off.. a retail BIOS will not allow boot when the hard drive is unlocked).

Unlocking is not relevant to your problem.

If I'm reading you right, you have Evox on your chipped box but can't FTP into it.  You're more than likely trying to connect to the wrong IP address.  Use the one listed in the Evox Settings menu.

And just as a matter of clarification, what specific text is listed in blue?

Phil479

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:12:00 AM »

I managed to fix it. I know in the previous post I said my i.p was 0.0.0.0 but I forgot to plug in the ethernet. I did try before with it plugged in but it didn't work for some reason. I launch some ftp thing then changed my ip to that and it worked.

Is there a way of putting games/emulators on the xbox without burning to disc first? I have some isos and emulators with roms but I cant seem to find the emulator folder (do I just create that myself?) and I can't extract the iso files on my computer.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »

Yes, just create a directory for your emulators and point your dash at it (re:edit evox.ini).

For your games, just install DVD2Xbox (in the same manner as emulators) and rip from your originals.  That's the easiest way to guarantee your backups will run from the hard drive and the dash will detect them.  You should always rip them from a DVD using DVD2Xbox, because it patches the xbe file to allow it to run from the hard drive.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »

Couldn't tell you without knowing what emulator you are using and/or how it's configured.

Otherwise, yes.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »

Did you upgrade from an older version of surreal64?

Or, perhaps it's (and I'm guessing blind here) looking to save in a partition you don't have or haven't  properly created.

Phil479

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »

I downloaded surreal64xxx b5  (can't find out the exact version of b5) and that was the first emulator I put on. I just made a save folder in the emulator folder and it worked however there are no files in that folder when I check it.