xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (swapping Drives) Replacing A Samsung Drive With A Benq  (Read 57 times)

guitarguy

• Archived User
(swapping Drives) Replacing A Samsung Drive With A Benq
« on: April 28, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »

Hi, I'm assuming this is for xbox 360.  All you need to do is download a program called jungleflasher.  Hook your samsung up to your computer.  I n jungleflasher under the mtkflash tab click on "sammy unlock".  The  click "read".  This will save an original firmware bin of your samsung which contains the dvd key married to your xbox.  Next hook up the benq dvd drive and under the mtkflash tab click "benq unlock".  If it doesn't work try with the benq dvd tray half open.  Next go to the firmwaretool32 tab.  In the first box use your samsung orig.bin.  In the "target firmware" box put in an original benq firware or if you want to mod the xbox out n benw ixtreme lt+ 1.2 (the latest as of right now).  Click on "spoof source to target" and save the custom firmware.  Go back to the mtkflash tab and lick on "write".  When that's done click "outro/ata reset" and your done.  I'm typing this from memory so the process is correct put i might be a bit off on the exact tab names etc

I'm also assuming you know how to take apart an xbox 360 and you know how to hook it up to your pc.  You will need a special power adapter to power the dvd drive from your computer.  Otherwise you will need to use your xbox 360 to power it.