xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter2 Stops  (Read 20 times)

strob

• Archived User
Xecuter2 Stops
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »

This was functional xbox with XBMC booting OK.
I wanted to upgrade to newer XBMC and now the boot stops right when it displays X logo and says xecuter2 on the bottom. Still I can boot a game.
I guess XBMC directory corrupt.
Can I interrupt script that is trying to boot XBMC?

strob

• Archived User
Xecuter2 Stops
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »

Ok, let me try again with more info. After some reading I can try to use right terms
It's original XBOX 1.4 with softmode installed using agent007 and memory card with raincoat.
Dash was configured to call XBMC on power on.
Yesterday I changed some file in E:\apps\XBMC and the box does not boot to XBMC but stops showing Xecuter2 logo.
Need some ideas how to fix this? Thanks

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Xecuter2 Stops
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »

Ok I am confused. Did you softmod a hardmodded xbox? If you have the xecuter2 appearing below the X on the boot screen then its hardmodded. Let me know

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Xecuter2 Stops
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:38:00 PM »

Raincoat is a flashing tool. My bet is he hardmodded the box by TSOP flashing it.

Could try holding X+Y during the time XBMC is supposed to start. Might fire up XBMC in "recovery" mode, with FTP access.

Otherwise use a recovery disc, eg, Slayers, Auto Installer Deluxe, Frosty's Rescue disc, etc.

strob

• Archived User
Xecuter2 Stops
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 11:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Jan 26 2010, 08:35 PM) *

Ok I am confused. Did you softmod a hardmodded xbox? If you have the xecuter2 appearing below the X on the boot screen then its hardmodded. Let me know

I still don't know, but found this post http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=612221,
made the Evox CD and was able to restore original XBMC. it's 1.0.0
Created a folder XBMCnew with 2009-06-01  20848 build and can start it from evox.
But if I rename folder XBMCnew to XBMC and remove original with 1.0.0 build - the same problem boot stops with Xecuter2 logo. Any ideas?
Also other problem I set resolution to high and lost TV picture. Can I reset it? I know only long way by restoring from backup