xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skins Faqs  (Read 174 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Skins Faqs
« on: August 28, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

Read ALL of the General FAQs FIRST!
General FAQs
General FAQs
General FAQs

Q: "when i try changing the mp3 background music, it plays and i save it, but when go back to the emulator there is silence, i have to reselect teh track everytime. I have set in options to 'start with bgm' etc and also always press 'overwrite ini settings' before i leave. Am i doing something wrong?"

A: You don't need to select the "overwrite INI" option.  That's for something completely different.

Q: How do I use a skin that I've downloaded from the Internet?

A: Unzip the skin to a directory on your PC.  Upload the *entire* directory structure to the
EMUSKINS directory on your XBox.  When you have done that, you should see two subdirectories
under the EMUSKINS directory.  One will be called default_emuname (where emuname is the name of
the emulator you are using.)  This is the default one that came with the package.  The other
directory should be the one you just uploaded (for example "newskin").  Inside this "newskin"
directory should be a bunch of PNG, WAV, TTF, and INI files as well as a "sprites" directory.
Load up the emulator, go to configuration, video configuration, change skin, and select the new
directory.  In most cases you should immediately see the new skin.  Sometimes not everything
will load correctly and you'll need to restart the emulator to see everything as it should be.