xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Advice On Hard Drive Repair / Upgrade / Reinstallation...  (Read 79 times)

peanutismint

• Archived User
Advice On Hard Drive Repair / Upgrade / Reinstallation...
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

A friend of mine modded my Xbox a few months ago.  Far as I can remember, it was with a brand new Xecuter X3 chip, and we put in a 400GB Hard Drive.  It's been working brilliantly, except for a few problems with corrupted files, and game backups working intermittently.  Well I've just realised that maybe the 400GB drive was too big for the console, or I didn't format it correctly or whatever, and that that's probably the cause of the corruptions etc.  We just put the hard drive in in place of the original, formatted it to have one big 'F' partition via the X3 BIOS, and then installed XBMC etc. to it to use as a dashboard.  

So what I'm looking for is n00b advice on how to uninstall and then correctly re-install my HDD.  Do I have to do it via the X3 BIOS or over FTP?  Or can I physically take the hard drive out and put it into my PC or something?  Or do I need to upgrade my firmware to allow it to accept this large a drive?  As I say, the chip is only about three months old....

peanutismint

• Archived User
Advice On Hard Drive Repair / Upgrade / Reinstallation...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:57:00 AM »

Okay thanks for your help, can't find any documentation on it so think I'm just gona FTP my files across.

Cheers 1hotjob!