xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With Usb Mem Stick  (Read 19 times)

IDJoe

• Archived User
Need Help With Usb Mem Stick
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

I am trying my first softmod (any mod) and intend to use Krayzie's method.  I spliced a USB Type A female connector to my break away cable (Red to red, white to white, etc.) When I plug in a controller all is well.  When I plug in a USB memory stick I get one of two responses (One causes the screen to flash brighter off and on and the controller does not respond,  the other  the card is just ignored.)  One I am using a SD card in a USB adapter, the other is a PNY memory stick.  Both devices the LED lights up.  The controller works fine when no mem stick is installed.  I checked the connections with a multimeter so there are not any shorts or opens.

I was expecting to see an error message and then the device to be formatted.  But in neither case does the device show up as memory in the Xbox.

What am I missing?  Do I need to check something?  The previous owner had been on xbox live, does that matter?  All the tuts just say make the cable and plug it in and the xbox will format it.  

I have a v 1.3 box I think (sept 2003).  Any help is appreciated.  I can't copy the saved game if I can't get the xbox to recognize my memory.  Thanks for your help.  Let me know if you need more details.