xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Way To Fix Error No. 16 Without Needing A Mod Chip Or Other Xbox?  (Read 18 times)

Crushing Day

• Archived User

I hadn't used my modded box for a while and thought that I would install gentoox on it in order to turn into a non-powerhungry torrent box so I wouldn't need to leave my other PC on whilst downloading. I used gentoox because it was the only distro that allowed me to use the xbox controller for the initial installation.

Got up the formatting step and I said "yes" as I probably wasn't going to use it for a games console anymore. Formatting went without a hitch until it told me that I needed an extra 4.52GB freed, then the disk decided that it would halt all operations and tell me to restart.

After the restart I was greeted by the "B&GSOD" (black and green) with 14 displayed at the top left. I just forgot about it. I then learnt about Slayer's CD and tried it but it didn't work and the number had also changed to 16.

Read up on the errors page and saw that in order to repair my xbox i would need an xbox mod chip or a friend's hard drive. I have neither...is there any other alternative?