xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (help) Replace/upgrade Hdd  (Read 153 times)

skyzerr33

• Archived User
(help) Replace/upgrade Hdd
« on: July 31, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »

lock your hdd with xboxhdm simple as that.
copy your xbox's eeprom.bin to linux>eeprom folder
Double click on make-iso-win.bat, it will bringup command prompt and dump the bootable iso same folder.
After you boot to xboxhdm choose "3"(Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities)
write "lockhd -a" and press enter to lock you hard drive. make sure you have eeprom.bin in linux>eeprom folder

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

You may have to make the floppy disk to boot up and lock the drive.

If you don't have a floppy, try taking out the CD and reinsert it when you go to option 3. That has worked for me in the past.

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 03:37:00 AM »

Hi,

error 6 means that you succesfully locked it, but not with the right password.

So, unlock it first. Xboxhdm also sets a Master password which you could use to unlock the harddisk.

Make sure you have the correct Eeprom.bin file for your xbox. You can save it on a floppy or you can put it in a folder before you create the Iso and burn the xboxhdm boot CD.

Some say it should be in the Eeprom folder, others say it should be in the E:\backup folder.

regards.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

ive had the same problem, it came down to i was using a old p.o.s mod and upgraded it to krazie's ndure v1.1 and it gave me a whole new eeprom file instead of some backup c shadow crap, i used the new eeprom locked the hd with it and had no problems sence and ive made 2 hd's for my box