xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Adding Led's To Controller  (Read 98 times)

__KYLE__

• Archived User
Adding Led's To Controller
« on: October 01, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

Ok i just bought a new madcatz 2.4 GHz wireless controller and i bought 4 5mm 10mA and i want to put 3 in my controller and one in the memory card slot/wireless pickup thing that plugs into my xbox.... I've looked for a tut on how to do this but i cant find one so any help would be appreciated. Really all i need to know is if i need resistors, where to solder and any other things that may damage my contoller or LED's. Thanx smile.gif

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

depending on the LED color, either 100 or 150ohm resistors, and just whip out your multi-meter and prod around for a 5v source (or check for a row of 5 pins in a row because there is a ground and 5v in there).

__KYLE__

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

their blue 5mm 10mA..... so i do need resistors? and these madcat controllers are cheap. I was thinking i could just take it directy\ly from the soldering points from the batteries. 3 AA's... 1.5 volts each. Think i can just solder em to pins?

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

Blue's need 3.3v, so you could wire them to the two AA batteries (without resistors), but they wouldnt be as bright and they would probably suck the batteries dead a lot faster.

__KYLE__

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

i cant use 2....has to b three :S so any other ideas?