xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: After Softmodding, Ftp Acting Funny  (Read 36 times)

f0rca

• Archived User
After Softmodding, Ftp Acting Funny
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

Hi, I have successfully modded previous xboxes with x3ce chips (thanks to this site) and ftping always have worked flawlessly aside from renaming the occassional filename.  Now I am trying to softmod(krayzie ndure splinter cell exploit) my friends xbox and it went good, evox boots up and everything, my problem is ftping apps and emulators over.

I am wondering if this is a downside to softmodding as opposed to hardmodding, like I have stated previously I've never had this problem with my chipped box.  

I am using filezilla and when I transfer (for example) an emulator over, it starts good, fast transfer speed, then it starts to gradually slow down and then it stops altogether and I end up getting a transfer error a bit after that.

Anyone have any info on this? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

sorry, by the way I'm direct connecting through a crossover cable, like I said works flawlessly with my chipped xbox.....

QuanMnauQ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

Try using the Software on XBMC or FTP, I dont mess with filezilla cause it frags too much.

f0rca

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

I'll check it out, thanks, any other suggestions?

wildo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

also xbmc will automatically rename the files for you from ftp or disc.

f0rca

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 01:25:00 AM »

thanks for the replys! xbmc is a great resource no question about it.  However I did get it to work with filezilla.  If anyone else is in a similar situation, I went into settings and changed the simultaneous transfers from 2 to one at a time and it's working fine now.  I'll keep the xbmc tips in mind though, thanks for all the help!