xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Softmod Failure Omg Help  (Read 566 times)

alexfirsov

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

hi *update* i just tried hot swapping and it didnt work at all , since my box goes staright to the error i think that the hd doesnt unlock at all...so i cant frereeze it while its unlocked, any other option guys?

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 05:49 AM) View Post

hi *update* i just tried hot swapping and it didnt work at all , since my box goes staright to the error i think that the hd doesnt unlock at all...so i cant frereeze it while its unlocked, any other option guys?

Buy a chip. That's the last option for you.

alexfirsov

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »

how much for the cheepest cheep that would work ? and another quesiton, when i do the chip thing is it easy?

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 06:38 AM) View Post

how much for the cheepest cheep that would work ? and another quesiton, when i do the chip thing is it easy?

Depends on where you live. It might be some around $10 (US currency) up to $30 or something like that. Yes and some are easy to install now, no need to solder either.

alexfirsov

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

i dont get it what does a mod chip do, how does it help to get one for me? can u please explain in as much detail as you can how this will help me, thankyou  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  pop.gif  tongue.gif

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 07:23 AM) View Post

i dont get it what does a mod chip do, how does it help to get one for me? can u please explain in as much detail as you can how this will help me, thankyou  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  pop.gif  tongue.gif

A modchip does what a softmod does. But each one has it's own advantages.

alexfirsov

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

that doesnt help much because im wondering how will a stupid mod chip help me? my hdd is loked and fuked up and i gotta get my eeprom bak cuz i didnt back it up

thank you biggrin.gif

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 07:37 AM) View Post

that doesnt help much because im wondering how will a stupid mod chip help me? my hdd is loked and fuked up and i gotta get my eeprom bak cuz i didnt back it up

thank you biggrin.gif

Man you need some reading to do! Of course a modhip will help. Once installed you can run slayer's or evox bootdisk and backup your eeprom and also you can ftp to your xbox.

alexfirsov

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(shadow23 @ May 27 2006, 03:38 PM) View Post

Man you need some reading to do! Of course a modhip will help.

lol i ment ur last post didnt help but i would like some1 to tell me how a mod chip could help my situation, also can some tell me if this is gonna work

its a program that unlocks locked hard drives http://hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 07:39 AM) View Post

lol i ment ur last post didnt help but i would like some1 to tell me how a mod chip could help my situation, also can some tell me if this is gonna work

its a program that unlocks locked hard drives http://hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/

Like I said once a modchip is installed you can run slayer's or evox bootdisk and backup your eeprom. Now is that easy enough for you? You just put the bootdisk in the dvd tray boot your xbox with chip on and now you can have ftp access to your xbox hdd. It's really that simple.

alexfirsov

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

so the modchip has the ability to unlock my hard drive so i cn ftp to it and then when i get my eeprom abck i can pout it into the newer bigger hard drive and then i can have it working again?
right?

thanks

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 07:55 AM) View Post

so the modchip has the ability to unlock my hard drive so i cn ftp to it and then when i get my eeprom abck i can pout it into the newer bigger hard drive and then i can have it working again?
right?
thanks

The chip will allow you to  run a tool to unlock your hdd not the chip itself. But yes it a bit easier to do hdd upgrades with a chip.

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 08:02 AM) View Post

thatnks for all ur help man but jussst incase, can any1 confirm that this will work? no dissrespect 4 ya, thanks

and again does any1 know if this will work? http://hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/

That's cool! If you're not sure or you don't believe me why not read here http://www.xbox-scen...x-tutorials.php

alexfirsov

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

ok thanks

but just incase can any1 verify that this will fix my box in the end, thanks, no disrespect shadow

thankyou for all of your help guys

shadow23

• Archived User
Softmod Failure Omg Help
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexfirsov @ May 28 2006, 08:45 AM) View Post

ok thanks

no disrespect shadow

That's fine. But try asking this question in here http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=45 you'll probably get a quicker answer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4