xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Drive Question  (Read 69 times)

Jrgong420

• Archived User
Dvd Drive Question
« on: May 07, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

I think I understand your question, to have two drives without having to plug and unplug would be to rig up a switch for power, look in the tutorial sections on dual hdd (same principle).  The ide controller on the xbox only supports two devices, but if you rigged up a flip switch you could power two drives seperatly.  Also if you are intersted in being able to read both xbox originals and cd-r see if you can find the pc samsung drive, I think it's a 616t.......or a 616f i'm not sure (one is the xbox sammy drive and the other the pc version of the same drive), you seem to have plenty of knowledge about the scene so just look around, there is a tutorial on the internet somewhere, it involves some soldering work and firmware flashing, but the result is a drive that plays both xbox originals and cd-r's, it can even be used on a stock xbox without a hitch.  If you need any more help just post or pm me.

tbirdturbo

• Archived User
Dvd Drive Question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

so i could get an ide cable to support 3 connections as long as there is a switch to only use one dvd drive at a time?