xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installing Dashboard To Unmodded Xbox Hd Using Chipped Xbox  (Read 36 times)

shadow23

• Archived User
Installing Dashboard To Unmodded Xbox Hd Using Chipped Xbox
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(appleb @ Mar 8 2006, 04:48 AM) View Post

The only issue I can think of is I never unlock the HD from xbox #2... is that a problem?  Will the new xbox be able to run xbmc and DVD-R backups after all this is done?

EDIT: if you were to unlock the hdd off the unmodded xbox, you'll never be able to do it because you don't the have eeprom. And if you stick a different hdd in different xboxes then you'll just "error 06"! In order to swap xbox hdd's they all need to be unlocked first and then locked back up again if you wanna use the MS bios (for playing live)

And to clear things up, you said the other xbox is unmodded so there will be NO C:\default.xbe in there. You need to read more I think.

appleb

• Archived User
Installing Dashboard To Unmodded Xbox Hd Using Chipped Xbox
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(shadow23 @ Mar 7 2006, 06:57 PM) View Post

Too boot any dash other than MS you'll need a modded xbox. Installing XBMC (renaming xboxdash.xbe) without any sort of mod and you'll get "error 21"!
EDIT: if you were to unlock the hdd off the unmodded xbox, you'll never be able to do it because you don't the have eeprom. And if you stick a different hdd in different xboxes then you'll just "error 06"! In order to swap xbox hdd's they all need to be unlocked first and then locked back up again if you wanna use the MS bios (for playing live)

And to clear things up, you said the other xbox is unmodded so there will be NO C:\default.xbe in there. You need to read more I think.

Okay, thanks for the info.  I thought the HD comes from the factory with a C:\default.xbe which contains that useless green MS dashboard.

Anyway, do you have any suggestions on getting this to work based on the hardware above?  The only reason I don't want to softmod is because neither of us have the original games required and we don't have action replays, and for the price of those I think I'd rather just buy a chip.