xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc As Dashboard  (Read 195 times)

00g

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« on: April 09, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

If I have XBMC set as my dash. Can I access my trainers from XBMC?

Is there anything I can't do through XBMC that I can do through EvoX or Avalaunch?

THDVL

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »

you will have to launch evox for your trainers to work, unless you have some of the nice Xored trainers, or other xbe trainers. Those work w/ all dash's.

This post has been edited by THDVL: Apr 10 2005, 05:53 AM

opearmain

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:36:00 AM »

For those of you who don't use XBMC as your dash can you give me some reasons why?

I'm sure there are loads, but I have XBMC loaded as my dash board and it does absolutely everything I need.

Cheers

Softbone

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 02:23:00 AM »

I use XBMC as my dash but I change to evox when I want to flash my bios and to Avalaunch when transferinga stuff with QWIX but other than that I stick to XBMC.

speciestraitor

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »

For those of you who don't use XBMC as your dash can you give me some reasons why

I have UnleashX as my dash of choice because I like UXs file manager more than XBMCs.  UXs game save manager is pretty awesome too with the integrated save game download/install as opposed to XBMC using a py script to do this.  I like the integrated random music playing as opposed to the XBMC py scripts that do similar things

UX can be made to download video previews for you files - not essential but still dam cool as opposed to XBMCs static images (well at least with PM3 on the newest builds).

Avalaunch has a much better implmented FTP (burst) mode than XBMC even though I don't use it as my default dash - it is all I use when I tranfer Xbox<>PC via FTP.

Trevante

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 06:04:00 PM »

I have evox as my default dashboard because it's a lot simpler than XBMC. When I just want to launch an application, it's much easier for me to do so with Evox, than it is with XBMC.

On a side note though, I really want to get another Xbox and HDD just to use with XBMC. Imagine having an Xbox completely fully of movies and music, that would be awesome.....

ze_olc

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 12:05:00 AM »

besides trainers, i dont see the reason not to use xbmc. it's got everything and more than any other dash...

I have evox as my default dashboard because it's a lot simpler than XBMC. When I just want to launch an application, it's much easier for me to do so with Evox, than it is with XBMC.

use sango to configure your shares and folders properly before saying that... why would xbmc be more difficult?

This post has been edited by ze_olc: Yesterday, 08:09 AM

JayDee

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 01:12:00 AM »

XBMC is more demanding then Evo-x at first. But i feel that the effort needed to get into XBMC is well worth it, but i can see why some think XBMC is harder.....

jaydon34

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 04:45:00 AM »

xbmc is good as a dash I set an xbox up for my mom. So she could watch movies ( all streamed from a network pc). So its a great dash depending on what you want to do. I use avalaunch because to me its just so simple and user friendly. But xbmc is my second choice.

total_ass

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 12:44:00 PM »

90% of my xbox use is watching movies, so it makes sense to use xbmc as a dash.

plus its a good frontend for launching other xbes.

Xr8d

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 06:11:00 PM »

With all the animated gif's, multiple rss feeds and random backgroung music, it's ALMOST entertaining enough to sit and watch the homepage. I keep evox for the trainers, though I never use them, and ava for 'boost' and those are about the only reasons.

00g

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(opearmain @ May 6 2005, 02:36 AM)
For those of you who don't use XBMC as your dash can you give me some reasons why?

Cheers

After I originally made this thread, I made XBMC my default dash, and I loved it, except for the fact that it ran kinda slow.

For instace, my PC has around 2100 albums on it (in MP3 format). It takes a good while for XBMC to load up all of these, but once it finally does, and I hold the right trigger to zoom down to the album I want to listen to. When I had it set as my dash, the zoom feature was slow and jumpy as hell.

When I put it back to EvoX, everything was good again.

So that's my reason. However I thing XBMC is an awesome program, and deffinately dash worthy.

00g

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Trevante @ May 6 2005, 08:04 PM)

On a side note though, I really want to get another Xbox and HDD just to use with XBMC. Imagine having an Xbox completely fully of movies and music, that would be awesome.....

When I attempted store some music on the XBOX HDD, it omitted files that exceeded a certain number of characters.

Is there a way around this?

A friend of mine is looking to put a 300gb HDD in his XBOX, load it up with music/movies/games, and put it in his car. But I just can't get beyond this roadblock.

I'm not renaming 20,000 files so they'll fit.