xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My White Superman Box.  (Read 1220 times)

Nitrostealth13

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

I figured Why not show my box. It's my first successful case mod, so go easy on me. I chose to use the Superman Emblem on my case.(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/nitrostealth13/IMG_0103.jpg)

I then stenciled it on my box in pencil....worked well actually.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/nitrostealth13/IMG_0099.jpg)

I then had some problems with cutting out the small triangle at the top of the \S/ so i had to just cut it out as one big hole instead of leaving the nice S shape in there. That upset me alot actually. I think it would have looked better that way, but oh well.  There are some minor imperfections in my paint job, and i scratched some paint off near the DVD bezel....im sure you can see it.  But anyway, here ya go!

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/nitrostealth13/IMG_0154.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/nitrostealth13/IMG_0150.jpg)

Just an idea of what it will look like when i complete the DVD case cutting.  I'm not too good at that, but thanks to Alex548 I now have my DVD bezel on my modified samsung drive as flush as i can get it- as well as an extra DVD drive case if I screw up.  THANX Alex!
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/nitrostealth13/IMG_0133.jpg)

I hope people have positive things to say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  Then maybe I can work up the courage to try the controler port led mod (with the lights inside the controler ports) Thats what I'm afraid of.  I don't like buying the whole pre-made things.

I saw someones post where they made a huge superman window out of plexi, and then engraved the logo on it.  Props to him, I'm no good at engraving.  I might have a buddy of mine draw some kryptonian leters for XBOX  on the side opposite the superman symbol-  what do ya guys think of doing that?  Stupid or not? Any Superman fans here?  Anyone goin to see SR?

This post has been edited by Nitrostealth13: Jun 27 2006, 06:59 PM

grim_d

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

looks nice man, its a shame about the cutout but it does still look good.

you were talking about engraving, thres a few guys on here that have cnc machines and would engrave the superman logo onto that plexi for you for a low price. that would look sweet.

it would have been nice with smoothed controller port but all in all im a big fan of white xbox's

nice work

This post has been edited by grim_d: Jun 27 2006, 07:04 PM

Nitrostealth13

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

that means a lot coming from you-  I'm a follower of your DVD player Slim  and your umbrella mod-  I'm a big Res.Evil fan!  Great work too.  I'm about to go check your progress actually! It's been a while since i looked.

elpimpo12

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

Nice work.  It's too bad the "S" didn't come out, but I think it looks good nonetheless.  I think that color scheme goes really well.  And don't get too worried about the DVD case...just be patient with it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

blame canada

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

now etch the rest of the design into the plexi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Nitrostealth13

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

yeah I would, but i'm not too good at etching- I would find those guys and have them do it, but I really would rather do it myself.  I know that statement kind of cancels itself out- and doesnt make sense...... eventually i'll do it i'm sure, then i'll post pics again.

blame canada

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

Nitrostealth13

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

hey grim_d  what did you mean by smoothed controller ports?

.....now i have to think of a clever sig, and avatar.......i know it looks like im a n00b from my post count, but i've always been an observer more than a talker...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Nitrostealth13: Jun 27 2006, 07:28 PM

FreakSho

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

looks good man, get a engraving bit for the dremel and practice on scrap plexi, till u get it down right then etch the logo

hector7710

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

What kind of blue leds did you use to get that sky blue effect?

Nitrostealth13

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(hector7710 @ Jun 27 2006, 08:26 PM) *

What kind of blue leds did you use to get that sky blue effect?

Hey man, it's actually just a cathode from compusa  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  It took me a while to decide wether i wanted LEDs or Cathode.  As for the eject ring matching the color.....that might have just been from the camera- maybe the cathode washed out the other blue-  The ring seems a little darker blue in person. I like the pic more tho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

grim_d

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nitrostealth13 @ Jun 27 2006, 07:26 PM) *

hey grim_d  what did you mean by smoothed controller ports?
.....now i have to think of a clever sig, and avatar.......i know it looks like im a n00b from my post count, but i've always been an observer more than a talker...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

i meant the numbers above them, put some filler on them, smooth them off, looks great. Its a matter of opinion really though.

elpimpo12

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »

There's nothing wrong with using a cathode...as long as it's on the inside.  Judging by your picture I think it gives your xbox a real nice look.  If you decide to perform any etching, let me know how it goes because I've never etched before either, and if you pick up some tips, I'd like to hear them rather than find possibly find out the hard way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Nitrostealth13

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Jun 27 2006, 08:42 PM) *

i meant the numbers above them, put some filler on them, smooth them off, looks great. Its a matter of opinion really though.

Oh, I think that would look cool.  I used krylon fusion Glossy white for the box, do u think if I filled the #s in and then repainted it would come out okay, or do you think i would have to sand and repaint. That would be a bummer.  Thanks for the idea!

QUOTE(elpimpo12 @ Jun 27 2006, 08:48 PM) *

There's nothing wrong with using a cathode...as long as it's on the inside.  Judging by your picture I think it gives your xbox a real nice look.  If you decide to perform any etching, let me know how it goes because I've never etched before either, and if you pick up some tips, I'd like to hear them rather than find possibly find out the hard way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Thanks alot, I'll deff. let you know if I decide/find any info!

grim_d

• Archived User
My White Superman Box.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

i reckon you MIGHT get away with it, its a good idea to use filler primer on areas that have been filled, it's not worth it now youve painted it, i think it looks ok the way it is.

P.S taikwondoejoe has a cnc machine, shoot him a pm