xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stealthing Leds In Clear Case  (Read 1154 times)

Y26tav

• Archived User
Stealthing Leds In Clear Case
« on: June 16, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

How do I make it so you don't see the ugly ness of the leds and there mounts just the light they put out. I have a clear case. Le halo editon to be exact clear green.

cirsory

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

make the wires invisible.  thats the only possible solution.  really i dont see anyway you could get around it with a clear case

Y26tav

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

That was a very helpfull post thanks for taking the time...

Xboxplaya978

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Y26tav @ Jun 16 2006, 10:26 PM) *

How do I make it so you don't see the ugly ness of the leds and there mounts just the light they put out. I have a clear case. Le halo editon to be exact clear green.

I am working on these new LED's that are 100% clear and dont use wires so you dont have to see them either.  They are going for 25 cents a piece (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Y26tav

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

really so i should send you money and ill get a box of "invisible leds"  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  ok I'll take 100$ worth do you except paypal?

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »

*accept

Um.....try hiding it in the sheilding. Use your imagination really. Just look for places that are not easily visible and shit. Thin wire too.

Leglez

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

tape the wires to the underside of the tape and then go over the top side of the case with white out

Y26tav

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »

I was thinking of having the wire go underneath the tray for the hdd and only poping up where it is needed. a vertical  wire is harder to see than a horizontal.

chronotrigger681

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

mass the wires together then get some wire covers possibly colored ones and stick that over them and run the one big coverd set of wires where it looks professional like and like it should be there and no one will know.
this is what i did i got tons of wire in my box its a clear acrylic with red led's and hard wired controllers so i got tons of wires every where till i got red wire covers and made it all neat and good looking.

This post has been edited by chronotrigger681: Jun 17 2006, 05:39 AM

caseyhalone

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

i would take your motherboard out, wire them all under the motherboard glue them to the floor of the case and have them just poking up around the motherboard, just be sure they wont make anything short out. you should take the sheilding out too, at least I would so you can see it all.

Grentz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »

30AWG wire works very well, it is VERY small and thin so you can hide it easily.

Also, use things like the jewel, mainboard, grilled areas, etc. to hide the LEDs behind.

rockrerun

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

you could also just drill holes and mount them in the shielding.  or better yet, solder your leds directly to the shielding for ground so you only have one wire for the positive voltage (you'd have to be very carefull using this method)

Y26tav

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

Im poping all the shielding out. or should I leave the bottom shield In for grounding.