xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Project Wetbox Wip  (Read 4518 times)

beastiekid2

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

god sends his blessings to you for all the shit you have done

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »

ok today i spent about an hour and a half at premeir auto body picking out a color for the case.  my dad has the owner insured, so he was able to really help me in the right direction.  the funny thing is that every bit of body work ive done so far has to be completely resanded.  all the primer has to be removed, as well as the paint.  next we will put a final coat of some finish stuff on the components.  after it dries ill give it a final rub before primer goes on.  in about two to three hours i will give the primer a wetsand, and he will add the final color coats.  finally, ill give the clear a wetrub, and then we will buff it to a glass like finish.  i decided to go with a black color that has a really nice metal flake in it.  i think its a viper color (its pretty amazing, and i cant wait).  anyways, the reason why i act like i have such a role to play in the painting process is because he is letting me do all the prep work.  for one, its saving me money, and two, im getting a first hand lesson from a professional.   paint labor and all is only going to run me 60 dollars.  it wouldnt even be that much, but i got such a nice color.  its ok, its going to make the case look amazing.  the case should be completely finished by the end of next week,  and ill be able to post some pictures of the final construction.

henmill

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »

Sweet deal man.  Can't wait to see that awesome paint! biggrin.gif

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

i have alot of bolts in this project games, dont worry.  there will be plenty by the time its all over with.  ive run into some setbacks with paint, but if all goes as planned, the case should be primed and ready for paint by wed.  i think by friday you will begin to see the case make is turn from varius scattered pieces, to running xbox.  for now i have alittle teaser of my pc mod.  keep in mind, i havnt forgotten about wetbox, its just all riding on the paintjob now, and i can only get that done when the guy has time.

i pretty much started testing my rusting agent on the top of the case.
IPB Image
i think its turning out really nice. i think its a little bit more of a believeable rust then the more orange colors you usually see this stuff make.  

you can also see the handle in the picture.  ive been having problems with it.  first i just painted and then added the oxidizer the next day.  turns out the zink coating on the handle itself stoped the whole process from working.  at this point i tried to grind the coating off, and started over.  its working a little bit.  tomorrow we will see how it looks after two coats of the oxidizer.  

IPB Image
a picture with it next to the very bright silver chassi.  looks pretty nice i think.

IPB Image
this is an obscure view of the hdd cage.  you can see that this along with this L shaped support bracket made it impossible to fit rad #1 in without its temporary removal.

IPB Image
mainly today i worked on mounting rad one of the two single 120mm rad setup.  this is where it will go.

first situation i ran into was the mounting hardware for the rad/fan.  i soon noticed that the fan screws were self tapping, so i drilled out the rad holes and made some threads.  problem one solved.

IPB Image
shot of the fan placement.

IPB Image
tight squeeze hugh?

IPB Image
problem nuber two was the front plastic portion of the case not giving the fan enough clearence.  you can see from upper right hand corner how much material i had to remove.  its stretched from that corner to the other corner.

IPB Image
a pic with the front mounted.  thats all i got complete for today.

llwahooll

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »

kinda reminds me of a jet engine nice job man!!!! biggrin.gif

modthebox.tk

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

Damn. I really admire the creativitiy and time you took to make this box. It is coming our extremely nicely.

I can't wait to see this thing finished.

games1216

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

first situation i ran into was the mounting hardware for the rad/fan
You love those clamps don't you?

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

shweet box cant wait to see finished project.

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

guys thanks so much for the compliments.  believe me, im very ready to be finished with this.  i have quite a few pc related projects that i want to start, but  cant because my current computer isnt powerful enough.

tuesday evening i went to the paint shop, and i did my final prep work before primer.  it doesnt matter how perfect your work looks, i have learned that its not quite good enough for car paint.  my primer looked incredible, but as soon as the painter, ashley, added this dust stuff to the case to make your imperfections pop out, i had to almost completely rework the bondo with some that he provided (it was some kind of finishing filler, but it worked amazing).  tomorrow we should get the primer on, and hopefully by the end of next week i can have the case completed.  you never know though because they stay really busy.  anyways,  until next time.  

helarious video clip.  give it a sec, and the dark screen will go away.

bosstitan187

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

god this thing is so bad ass hurry up and finish though!

mungie3

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

looks like it could fly lol

nightmare84j28

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

mungie, shrink your damn signature wtf?

Badass mod, looking forward to the finished product!!  cool.gif

SilverStone641

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

wow, i take back what i said about the front panel. thats looking sharp! i really like the rusting agent. BTW, i was wondering, are you going to have a window in the side of the box? cause if you are, are you going to rust the inside of the box also?  looking good! keep it up!

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

wow, i take back what i said about the front panel. thats looking sharp! i really like the rusting agent. BTW, i was wondering, are you going to have a window in the side of the box? cause if you are, are you going to rust the inside of the box also? looking good! keep it up!

im glad to see that your faith in my has been restored.  give me a little bit of credit.  ive pretty much handled my loose ends.  i wont let something look like garbage for long.  as for the window, yes there will be a window.  the chassi will be painted a yellow and black caution tape patter, and then it will have rust spots, but wont be completely rusted itself.

on a lighter note, ive been putting clips together and messing with some transitions for my montage.  its by no means finished, and i havnt even finished getting all my clips together.  check this link, and tell me if it works.  if so, tell me what you think.  thanks alot guys.

as always, thanks so much for the nice comments, and support.  look forward for to this being finished sometime in 2006, hahaha  biggrin.gif.  until next time.

http://media.putfile...montage-preview

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2006, 12:49:00 AM »

i wouldnt say that were rich.  we have definately been blessed as far as income is concerned.  plus, you have to look at it this way.  all the parts for this mod have been bought it 30-50 dollar incraments.  then the computer had been promised months in advance, but i waited because i wanted to be sure of the components i ordered.  i appreciate you actually reading through the thread.  i know it gets kinda lengthy after so many pages, but stay tuned for the paint will be completed one day.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18