xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Project Wetbox Wip  (Read 4516 times)

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

ok guys i promise i havnt forsaken you.  the work on the project has slowed to a complete stop with christmas shopping, and moving my girlfriend back home.  its been a busy couple of weeks, but i guess we've all come to expect that by now.  tonight i mounted the door for the usb cover, and i also extended the dvd drive power cable.  in light of recent events and time constraints ive decided to go with one hdd (that leaves room for wetbox rev. II for all of you who have followed this mod).  eminevil, i really would like to post some pics of it together, but im probably going to get it painted before i put it back together (chances are that will be the final build, so... keep your fingers crossed).  i know someone who will be able to spray it now, so i should have that done sometime after the holidays.  ill put up some pics tomorrow.  thanks for staying tuned.

-haloloser-

SilverStone641

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

its a nice change to see someone actually trying to finish their projects. we can't wait!

good luck!

neb15

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

will there be annything over the x-mas holiday, or do we wait till the new year?
looking good so far.

Capon-E

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2005, 01:12:00 AM »

THIS TOPIC ROCKS MAN.  MAD PROPS AND WISH YOU A HAPPY HOLIDAYS

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »

neb, yes you can expect some pics before the new year.  i was going to work on it some last night, but i helped my mom bake christmas goodies instead tongue.gif .

Capon, thanks man, and i really appreciate it.  i rock the merry christmas in this thread, so boo to the people who are trying to get rid of it.

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »

ive been working at a groolingly slow pace, but its almost finished.  THATS BESIDE THE POINT.  IDE JUST LIKE TO SEND YOU ALL SOME HOLIDAY CHEER.

IPB Image

i know that merry is spelled incorrectly, it was a typo that im too lazy to fix.

capboy210

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #201 on: December 26, 2005, 12:43:00 AM »

Fantastic job, i just read all 21 pages, i need a eyebreak lol.

jagermike

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »

yeah finsh it so we can see the final product
been waiting too long

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2005, 07:35:00 AM »

im so sorry for the lack of picture updates guys.  ive gotten alot done, including the final say on how the front will look (a major concern as it need to be painted very soon).  im about to go on a trip for a few days, and when i return i will flood the thread with all the most recent information and photos.  

in other news, i got my capture card hooked up.  i have to say that is one really neat piece of technology.  if you dont know much about them, and you watch alot of tv (or just want to make a montage) id have to say that its worth doing a little bit of research on.

-haloloser-

sokignano

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #204 on: December 27, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

What kind of doggy is that? He/She's cute biggrin.gif

nightmare84j28

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

sokignano, dont be fooled by the cuteness, there PURE EVIL INSIDE

My nan once had one.. it was satan on four legs, so snappy and moody!

vr4z06gt

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO....post more!  I found this thread have been mezmorized reading it for the last hour or so.  I need closure! Its like alias whatever ever happened to Rembaldi???(halfway through season 4, if anyone reading this actually watches the show don't say what happens its a great show though).

c0d3_z3r0

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

Can't wait to see the final product!

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

THE LONG AWAITED UPDATE!!!!!!!!

ive been pretty busy over the holidays, as i expect most of you have.  ive been workin on it here and there, but hopefully tuesday will be paint day.  then all ill have to do is put it together, and wire it up.  ive learned alot from this mod, and probably the thing that ive gotten most from it is simplicity is the key.  you can still have a very elegant (spelling?) design, and keep the construction very simple.  

IPB Image
a pic of my christmas present.  the sooner the xbox is finished the sooner ill be able to start on this.

specs:
msi k8n sli w/ nforce for chipset
amd 3700+
2 x 512mb corsair xms
evga 7800gt
danger den tdx, and maze 4 cpu and gpu waterblocks
obviously a tuner card
34gb raptor
soon to be 2 x 80gb WD caviar in RAID 0

this is my first build, and im super excited to begin.

IPB Image
i dont know if you guys remember the front of the case, but the traped door was on a seperate piece.  there was also an unsightly power assembly that i had to deal with.  it took me a while to come up with such a simple solution, but you can thank this for the time inbetween the updates.

IPB Image
as you can see i glued, and bondoed the pieces together for a much smoother look, and also got rid of the nasty buttons.  in the top right you may see some discoleration of the primer, but i  assure you that its smooth.

IPB Image
the power and eject buttons will go under the trapped door.  test fit of the power or eject, dunno which.

IPB Image
i routed out a channel for the hinge to fit in.  here is a pic showing how it will work.

IPB Image
finally psu shield w/ temp lcd mounted.

IPB Image
ive used quite a few of these little lcds.  i really like them.

IPB Image
i was taking some screen shots of halo 2 to try and get some ideas for signs to use on the upcoming pc project.  i stumbled accross this, and i thought that you guys might be able to appreciate this.  this is the messege you get when you open the gate on zanzebar.

ps.  the dog is a shi tzu

stinger4life

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

Finally were getting to the final touches...thanks for the update and awesome work man you will have me dreaming of the final product tonight  tongue.gif

p.s.,

All those computer parts make me tingle inside...reminds me of when i built my pc love.gif
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18