xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Project Wetbox Wip  (Read 4505 times)

thesamarchy

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »

I'll trade you a few of my Nintendo 64 games for this.

Deal?

I'm serious.

snow rider221

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

i was going to paint the mesh black, but it hink im going to leave it blue to match the radiator.  it is a good idea to go with a styalized grill, but this really looks good in person.  the photos dont really give it justice.  this is my longest running worklog, and it seems as if i dont get a move on we will be celebrating its birthday.  its just the little tedious things that are really taking a long time.  

IPB Image
here is the top.  im going to have to finish two weeks early just so i can get everything grinded and polished smooth!!!!

IPB Image
here we are with the pump/res house.  its about 90% complete.  the holes for the fan, output, and return hoses have to be cut.

IPB Image
instead of using the compunurse im going to get a more simple digital display that will be mounted inside the case.  i just couldnt get the display to fit correctly on the curve of the front panel so i did the responsible thing and just made a compramise.  i bent a piece of plex over the hole that was there.  glued it in place, and finally bondoed the hole.

IPB Image
ill be mounting this thermometer on the far left corner of the psu cover.  i think its going to look pretty sweet.  i wont actually mount the whole bay device obviously, but one of the lcds will be inserted.

IPB Image
i think that this is the first mod that ive actually completed.  me and my girlfriend constructed it last niight.

happy holidays!

b15ginz

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

IPB Image

happy holidays!
[/quote]

dude i havent made a ginger bread house since like 5th grade. im a college grad now...22. brings back the memories!!!!!!

blubberpud

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »

...makes me hungry.......  the ginger bread house looks good too

snow rider221

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »

looking good!   about what % do you think you have completed???

diablomastabarb

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

i've been watching this thread since you started it, and you've come a long way, keep it up man. Awesome work beerchug.gif

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

dude i havent made a ginger bread house since like 5th grade. im a college grad now...22. brings back the memories!!!!!!

thats so funny.   im twenty years old now, and this is the first time ive ever built a gingerbread house.  me and my girlfriend built it, and i had a blast.

i know what you guys are thinking, and here is a pic.
IPB Image
the worklog can be found here http://www.envador.c.../GingerbreadPC/

about what % do you think you have completed???

well, since ive worked out the problems with the temp lcd position ive actually cut out alot of work.  now that the front doesnt crack every time i try and fix it i have alot less to do. also, getting the paint finalized should be a breaze now because tomorrow im going to see a man about a powder coat.  after thats finished i should be getting donw to the nitty gritty.  pretty much all that will be left is to file the edges of the diamond plate.  im also going to have to polish all the smudges and fingerprints off of it.  i have to find some simple handles that i want to add to the top, and finally wire everything up.  thats going to be a job in and of itself.  i should have a dual hdd mod, so any kinks i have with that will have to be worked out as well.  if anyone on this forum can get me a ide cable with four connectors at a custom length i would be forever grateful  ive sent out a couple of emails, and llamma said he would help, but i havnt been able to contact him since the initial email.

diablo and xgamer, you guys really make me feel good about it.  i didnt really realize how long this thing was getting until now, and hopefully ill be able to draw it to a conclusion before too long.  ive already started planning for my upcoming pc project, and im super excited about it.  i know if i start on that this will never get finished, so the sooner the better.

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

so today wasnt a complete waste of time, but it was dang close.  remember the psu sleeving job i did?
IPB Image
yeah, i was never really happy with it.  ive been waiting to come up with something to replace that janky job, and this is was i came up with.

IPB Image
alot of freaking soldering and heatshrinking.  i took 16 black wires, got rid of the unsightly colored ones, and finally made some plex seperators.

IPB Image
here you can see how they work.

IPB Image
from farther away.

IPB Image
this is the mounting scheme with some lights.

IPB Image
im a sucker for frosted plex.  i just love the way it captures the light.

IPB Image
one more for good measure.

ok, now for the second portion of the update.  ive spent alot of time putting the finishing touches on the front because tomorrow im seriously going to talk to someone about getting it powdercoated.  i put some primer on it so i could see what  imperfections i needed to make up.  i did a pretty good job, there are a few touch ups, but thats to be expected.

IPB Image
can you tell there was ever a floppy drive slot.

IPB Image
can you see the hole in the lower left corner?

hopefully tomorrow i can get something productive done!

-haloloser-

Arjun

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »

Nice job man. Do you know how powder coating works? Everything is baked at a really high temperatue, and  I don't think it'll last...

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »

ok maybe not powdercoated, but sprayed with automotive paint.  i knew it was something like that.  my friends always used to get their bike frames done by one or the other, but i was always too much of a tightwad.

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »

few little things.  cut the excess audio knob off of the hippad controller
IPB Image
IPB Image
fits much better inside the case now.

also started cutting the holes for the inlets and outlets.
IPB Image
IPB Image
i still have to cut a hole in the top.

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

a few new pictures.  i took the liberty of making my own y splitter for the hdd power, so that it would fit more conveniently into the psu cover.  i also made it so that it would have one rca style jack for leds, and another rca style jack for the blow hole in the top of the case.  there is also one standard molex connector for a cathode, and another for the hdd or dual hdd mod that will probably not happen becasue i cant get my hands on an ide cable.  my dad has an auto painting place insured, and might be able to get me a good deal on getting the case sprayed so we will know shortly.  as soon as i get the case painted ill be about 95% complete becauase all that will be left is mounting the pump house and wiring everything up.

IPB Image
i made another wire holder bracket deal like i did on the 20pin connector to keep the two molex seperate.

IPB Image
nice and compact.  shouldnt cause any trouble in its little storage shed.

IPB Image
close up view of the rca style power connectors.

ill get some new stuff posted soon hopefully.

-haloloser

snow rider221

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

lookin good! Are you using one of the 5 inch playstation lcd's ?

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »

well ladies and gents, wetbox is in her final stages right now.  tomorrow i should get something up on it, but lets just face it, all the things that are left to do are boring besides the final shots.  ive taken a break for the past few days to begin construction on my new pc.  ill post a little bit about it here, and also the link.  once wetbox is complete make sure to keep check on the pc mod.  

specs:
motherboard-dfi lanparty ut nf4
processor-amd athalon 64 3700+
memory-corsair xms 2x512
video card-evga 7800gt
hdd-western digital raptor 36.5gig
hdd-western digital caviar 80gig
dvd drive-Pioneer 110D
monitor-SAMSUNG 740N
keyboard-Saitek PZ30AU Black
mouse-logitech mx510
psu-antec trupower

water:
rads-2 x black ice pro
processor-tdx waterblock
gpu-acetel maze 4
pump-mcp 350

any of you remember the rust mod that was posted here a month or so ago.  ill be using the same technique on this pc, but there will be quite a few add ons.

a few pics of the  beginning stages.
IPB Image

IPB Image
serial lcd that will be added to the front eventually.  (obviously photo edited to get an idea).

IPB Image
this is an intake.  since the idea of the case is rust, and ive really taken to the industrial look,  im going to try and make this look like a drain pipe with some slime lookin stuff coming out of it.  it will actually be the vent hole for rad number one.

IPB Image
finally the drive cover.  i dont know if im going to go with the plex pictured here, or some leftover diamond plate.

like i said, ill get some pics up of wetbox later, but for now ive been having fun with this upcoming project.

-haloloser-
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18