xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Logitech Wireless Controller Problem  (Read 196 times)

Fardo123

• Archived User
Logitech Wireless Controller Problem
« on: April 08, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »

Hi I have a logitech wireless controller but it spin in just one direction (left)... what can I do to fix it

thnx

Software2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »

What do you mean it spin in one direction?

Do you mean when you play a game your character rotates when you don't press anything?
Solution: You're holding the analog sticks in a position when turning on the controller. Reset it while having the sticks in the proper position.

Do you mean an analog stick physically will not rotate clockwise?
Solution: Open it up by removing the screwes on the underside, and the two underneath the batteries, and examine the sticks. Is there any damage to them? How about a big mass of food gunking it up?

Fardo123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »

Do you mean when you play a game your character rotates when you don't press anything?
Solution: You're holding the analog sticks in a position when turning on the controller. Reset it while having the sticks in the proper position.

Yeb I have this problem .. but I don't tuch the stick when I am booting the xbox .. but I'l try again :)

Software2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »

Try resetting the controller... I don't recall what the button combination is off the top of my head.

Or maybe you have a busted controller... you could always try holding it a bit to the left when you're turning the controller on.

ryan_the_leach

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 03:58:00 AM »

i get this problem some of the time with a regular MS controller cept its just sensitive nothing major like starting of spinning

Fardo123

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »

Thanx I needed to recalibrate!

Normally there is no reason to re-calibrate the Cordless Precision for Xbox®. In rare cases where the mini-joysticks may need to be re-calibrated, you can use the process below.  Please note that this process only works for the Cordless Precision Controller for Xbox®.

Remove one battery.
Hold the Left Trigger and Start buttons while re-inserting the battery.  (NOTE:  Do not touch or move the mini-joysticks at all during this time. It is very important that the mini joysticks are allowed to center themselves during this step or the calibration procedure will not be successful.)  
The mini-joysticks should now be re-calibrated.