xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Stupid Thing You Have Done  (Read 3917 times)

bemad31102

• Archived User
Stupid Thing You Have Done
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

Had a friend who once sat to far from the plug.  He keeped yanking on the soldering iron thinking it was just caught on something, well it came unplugged stabbed himself in his other arm (and burned himself too).  He gets up to stop some of the bleeding comes back to find he melted parts of the XBOX motherboard because when he left he threw the soldering iron down and it landed on the mother board.  He screwed up his arm had to get a tetanus shot, bill from emergency room, broken motherboard and a very mad wife.  So it was a while before he modded again.

I was waiting for my solding iron to heat up and began watching a TV show (CSI I think).  The show finish and forgot the soldering iron.  When I remembered I got the chip out to solder it to the board and it would mot melt. I tried again and again but nothing.  I deciede to try something dumb and touch the tip with my tounge (just kidding) and it was not hot at all.  I went to buy another one at radio shack and then noticed I never plugged in the first one that is why it would not melt the solder.

My first and second lifted trace or messed up D0 point was because it never would stick.  I soldered the d0 point but it would come undone very easy.  I resoldered again and gave a good tug and lifted the trace.  I guess I pulled a little to hard.

Jintao

• Archived User
« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(SpikeMage @ Jul 4 2005, 05:37 PM)
That's rather funny seeing as I said I didnt take it personal. I didnt mention you at all.  biggrin.gif

Ghost_13

• Archived User
« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

ok well here is my input on this thread.
This was when i was a total noob at everything, i knew a little about soldering, so i go and am about to install my modchip, i have all of my materials ready, so i go and plug my solding iron in and i wait like a minute and bring the iron up toward my lips to see if it is hot, (friends idea) well not hot enough, so i wait a little longer and this next time i get a little to close, and yea, never get to install that modchip that night.

Here is another, i just connected the psu to the mb to test some leds, didn't place them in the case, well i connect the power cord and i test the leds, and everything is to my liking, so i go to disconect the cord from the psu, and i start tugging on the cord with my left hand and try not to touch anything with my right which is holding the psu, but it doesn't quite work and i get shocked, and stupid of me doesn't learn i do it again.

JimmyDeushku

• Archived User
« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

I've burnt, sliced, shocked, and smashed the crap out of my left hand. Thank God I don't have any feeling in that hand!

IAmCanadian

• Archived User
« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2005, 02:08:00 AM »

I've only burnt myself.. although rosin core solder does like to spurt ALOT....

oh and I had the stock fan running 36v (9v X 4) and I decided to throw shit in it... needless to say my finger went in there and the fan blade released my nail from my finger...

The Timmy

• Archived User
« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2005, 02:58:00 AM »

I still haven't learned that I need to lable my discs when I burn them.  .....got a couple of spindles of unknown's, probably some repeats too.

rog311

• Archived User
« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »

ohh, ive got a good one for you,
playing 4 player drinking blitz, a damn entertaining game
when i just out of the blue decide i need to remove my controller s jewel,
no i didnt have a replacement,
no i had no reason to do it.
but alas i pulled out my trusty pocket knife and jabbed away, till it came loose and the momentum of the knife put it all the way through my left index finger.
I still cant feel that finger.  I miss it.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2005, 01:32:00 AM »

i left my soldering iron plugged in for 24 hours
not knowing it i grabbed it by the metal

dropped soldering iron onto a shirt and put a nice brown hole in it

oh well

IAmCanadian

• Archived User
« Reply #233 on: July 06, 2005, 01:34:00 AM »

I finished a usb port mod... and reversed the wires... and fucked up a nice $60 keyboard

thealch3mist

• Archived User
« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2005, 02:52:00 AM »

Never check an xbox on flights either!

That xray does some damage... not to mention the checkers...it seems like they stomp peoples luggage or something...

Shutdown[Swe]

• Archived User
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

sad.gif

sobman

• Archived User
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shutdown[Swe] @ Jul 6 2005, 05:59 PM)
"forced" a 1.6 mobo into a 1.0 bottom case and *poff* no xbox for me anymore sad.gif

bosstitan187

• Archived User
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

first time i did a box i  was checking all the wiring and i noticed i missed one so i soldered the wire using way to much cus i had no idea what i was doing droped right on the mb and there was no way to get it off lol

brokenglass

• Archived User
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

a few words of advice....
solder iron not solder gun. saves you cash.

Justice Lamb

• Archived User
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

Well i decided to mod my case before looking at any tutorials.
As i was taking off my jewel (using two screwdrivers and no chemicals),
i got a little cocky.  I tried to pull it all of at once.  Now i have two jewel halves.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17