xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Stupid Thing You Have Done  (Read 3908 times)

SpookieStylez

• Archived User
Stupid Thing You Have Done
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Timmy @ Jun 27 2005, 04:25 PM)
come to think of it..  many of the soldering injuries reported in this thread involve a part of the body that would normally be covered during the course of a regular day....

Shoo Box

• Archived User
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

sobman

• Archived User
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shoo Box @ Jun 27 2005, 03:47 PM)
" your gettin a bit of a electric shock i think you should remove your fingers from the electric "

Shoo Box

• Archived User
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(sobman @ Jun 27 2005, 11:47 PM)
haha good ol brain, its so dumb..,

Staple

• Archived User
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »

i grabbed the power supply on a plugged in and turned on xbox......i have done this a few times.  its hurts

bemad31102

• Archived User
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

I once modded Five XBOXs at once.  Different chips, different dashboards and diffrerent LEDs on all.  Everyone wanted them today.  They all paid extra for rush jobs.  I thought I installed evrything correctly.  Well the wrong chip was installed in a few , the wrong dash and the wrong LEDS were installed.  I had a big mess on my hands.  I fixed everything but my soldering looked like crap and I had hot glue everywhere.  I then installed the wrong Hard drives in the wrong XBOXs.  I made enough money to make a Jeep payment, diapers for my baby, toys for my three year old and was able to buy myself games and take the wife to eat (i even let here super size).  The next day the person who wanted just a chip installed asked for a hard drive upgrade.  When opening the XBOX it had a 160g drive already installed.  I removed it and added the 120 they brought.  I looked over what I did the day before and remembered someone does not have a upgraded drive like they wanted.  An hour later that person who was missing the large drive calls and says one of the Emulators was not working.  He came over I installed his drive (the one I just removed) and he did not even notice.  About two weeks later I get three calls asking why some LEDs were different colors.  One person wanted all green, one all blue and one all red.  Some had all green LEDs and one or two red or blue and vice versa.  Never take on to much just for money unless you have time.  I offer free repairs on anything I install.  These five people have come back to me a few time with minor problems that I have to fix.  Never again.

Jintao

• Archived User
« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

tongue.gif

user posted image

so now i've joined the endless mob that's been burnt by the iron *sigh*

sorry bout the blurry pic...was in pain at the time and was in a hurry to get the AloeVera gel...ahhh...aloe vera...that little white spot is the injury. not to big, but i don't have to tell u guys: size does not matter with burns...

Jintao

• Archived User
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

hmmm...i think i worded that wrong...i was talking about that even the little ones can hurt like a bitch. i know that the bigger they are, the more they hurt, yes. but even the little ones can be painful. sorry for the misunderstanding there and bout yer friend...every time i hear something about someone being on fire or burning really badly, i get like...goosebumps and stuff...can't even begin to imagine what it's like, nor do i want to...

halofreak007

• Archived User
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jintao @ Jul 3 2005, 01:53 AM)
user posted image

Jintao

• Archived User
« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(mbratton @ Jul 2 2005, 08:27 PM)
kids: don't talk on your cellphone and solder :-D

Shoo Box

• Archived User
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(hudplaya90 @ Jul 4 2005, 10:16 PM)
this isn't graphic at all. i was installing my xenium spice modchip and i had all the little gold wires installed and everything. then i put my modchip in and it wouldn't show anything on my tv screen, so i took it apart and put it back together like 3 more times before i threw it at the wall and broke it in a rage of fury. after i got done picking it up i noticed i had the chip in recovery mode. ohmy.gif

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

blink.gif

Moral of the story: READ THOSE FRICKIN CAUTION STICKERS!

-Danny

SpikeMage

• Archived User
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jintao @ Jul 3 2005, 03:39 AM)
and i wasn't taking it personally per se, i just hate it when people misunderstand me, wether by their fault or my own (word something wrong, say it with a different tone, etc.). that's called "miscommunication" and miscommunication leads to arguments or possibly more misunderstandings, and arguments and misunderstandings are bad  wink.gif

HMAWL411

• Archived User
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

when i was painting my case i lost treack of time and since i was in a hurry i just thought about getting the paint and clear coat on, 45 minutes later i had three more coats of paint and two coats of clear coat, had to redo everything
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17