xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Stupid Thing You Have Done  (Read 3903 times)

_Igor_

• Archived User
Stupid Thing You Have Done
« on: March 29, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »

This is a little off topic and i wasn't sure where to put it but i thought it fit best here.
If the mods dont think its apropriate here, then please move or dellete it, i just thought it would be interesting to hear some of the stories of some stupid things you have done while modding your xbox.
me personally:
I was working on my box, i had just turned my soldering iron on, cleaned it, sharpened and tined it. I was working on the edge of a circuit board and was pressing down very hard on a component. Well after a second or two the soldering iron sliped off the edge of the board, and slipped effortlessly into the skin of my left index finger.

nicmel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

today I removed the jewel (apparantly I didnt need to) and when i put it back on it is upside down. I'm not changing it again, It's unique, which is the whole point of modifications

cyfi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

i whent to feel the air from the new 12 volt mod and i put my finger in the fan by mistake. it was bleedin

brojimh

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

I replaced a power supply and without it screwed down, I reached in to hold it in place so I could put the power cord in it.

Needless to say, I let go fairly quickly! dry.gif

Shadow1218

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

i cleaned my soldering iron under water and then turned it on by accident 1 minute later.....Oh and when I stuck my screwdriver in the PSU. It didn't break but there was  shower of sparks and a LOUD popping noise.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

Reading this topic.  smile.gif

oh and inserting my penis into a girls vagina 9 months later a kid that i wasnt ready to have.

ilikepie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

After soldering i turned off my soldering iron. While moving my xbox i knocked it over and burnt my carpet

sapper

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

well i got one i thought was funny. Several weeks ago i recieved an xbox from a fellow X-S member because he said he installed his pin header but the chip would still not function. I recieved his system and realized very quickly what the problem was. He installed the pin header upside down. Yep, thats right upside down.

XBOXCUSTOMS69

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »

Well, i got one.  I had 2 identical v1.0 mobo's, one worked just fine, and one was broken (unfixable).  So for some stupid reason i started tearing chips off of the broken one. I later found out that the one that i tore apart was the good one, i was pissed.

One of my customers came back to me wanting his xbox returned to normal (unmodded) so he could go on live.  He had a tsop flash, so i reflashed the bios with an original.  When it restarted, it gave me an error. Upon investigation, i realized that id forgotten to re-lock the hard drive.  I had to order a damn mod chip to fix it.

today I removed the jewel (apparantly I didnt need to) and when i put it back on it is upside down. I'm not changing it again, It's unique, which is the whole point of modifications

My friend did the same thing.

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Infamous_One @ Mar 29 2005, 02:04 PM)
oh and inserting my penis into a girls vagina 9 months later a kid that i wasnt ready to have.

I have 2 words for that: TROJAN MAN!!!!!

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

i've made so many mistakes. its so annoying. i'll make a list:

1) Accidentally put my finger b/n the psu and the cpu heatsink. I got electrocuted and sent the power off throughout the house.
2) Tried to frost my jewel with newspaper underneath to catch the spray. The newspaper is stuck to the top of the jewel and will not come off! I've tried everything! Its got crappy glue marks all over it too.
3) Installed a chip for a friend (duo x2)  and it didn't work. We tried everything and nearly paid $80 for some1 to have a deep investigation of it. Later I figured out that you simply needed the wire to the eject button on for it to work.
4) Didn't have anything to wipe the soldering iron on in range :P so i wiped it on some old carpet, but for the next month or so, the iron smelt foul.
5) Plugging the xbox into the mains once, it was dark and i was feeling around with my finger to find the power socket. Eventually i found it and guided the pins in with my fingers. Zaaap!

Theres a lot more but mainly small things that aren't important. I'm sure everyones had the problem of putting the xbox back together and realising you missed something. I'm so sick of that so I test everything all the time now.

By the way, there was a thread like this a while ago but I'm sure its gone by now.

thecheat

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(cyfi @ Mar 29 2005, 10:57 PM)
i whent to feel the air from the new 12 volt mod and i put my finger in the fan by mistake. it was bleedin

QUOTE(brojimh @ Mar 29 2005, 11:04 PM)
I replaced a power supply and without it screwed down, I reached in to hold it in place so I could put the power cord in it.

Needless to say, I let go fairly quickly! <_<

done both of those, electrocuted myself countless times, and lets just say mr. soldering iron likes to burn me. and danm my 12v fan was a deep cut. and ive killed my hands on the metal shielding(cutting =sharp edges) and i electrocuted myself on the cc inverter. so yea i never learn.

rmbell

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

did a double HDD mod, and appearently mixed one of the powers up, so a poor defenseless 120gb got 12v to the 5v pin and 5v to the 12v pin. So ya, melted chips smell oh so bad.

Northcarolina ReDn3k

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

on my first mod i was putting my box back together and i screwd it back together and it wouldnt turn on. so i opended it and i found a huge hole in my ide cable wheere a screw went through it.  blink.gif

nicmel

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

and i thought mine was bad, look at the jewel
http://img.photobuck...ne/DSCF0366.jpg (still incomplete though, please don't knock it)

These show the mess I made of the jewel! I didnt even need to touch it, i just went ahead without reading up first.
http://img.photobuck...ne/DSCF0367.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ne/DSCF0368.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17