xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (feature Req) Search For Subtitles From Xbmc  (Read 99 times)

riahc3

• Archived User
(feature Req) Search For Subtitles From Xbmc
« on: March 28, 2005, 07:26:00 AM »

I think XBMC should search for subtitles from different sources according to the name of the movie file or search for subtitles from a name you input into a search engine in XBMC. Just a small suggestion which would make XBMC even better.

Skyblast

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

It autoloads external subs such as SRT if they are the same name as the file, and handles all the internal ones fine as well. Not sure what else you would need. I don't see what the "Search engine" could search with. Do ya really have subs all over the place to load?  :)

riahc3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Skyblast @ Mar 28 2005, 10:16 PM)
It autoloads external subs such as SRT if they are the same name as the file, and handles all the internal ones fine as well. Not sure what else you would need. I don't see what the "Search engine" could search with. Do ya really have subs all over the place to load?  :)

I was talking online wise. It could search the subtitles for a movie download it and assosiate it with the movie files.

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

This is something that could be added via a 3rd party script. Dialog  is considered copywritten and xbmc cant venture into that grey area.

a python script could do it easily enough though

flux2k

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

This is actually a pretty good idea!