xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Eject Pcb  (Read 120 times)

-=RepDetect=-

• Archived User
Eject Pcb
« on: February 10, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

Could some please give me tut that show's a little more detailed picture's for changing the led's on a pcb. The one on the scene is good but i'm one of those people who get more out studying the pictures than reading about it.

The only part i'm not sure of is when the tut says to use + leg's of the new led's  and to just snip the - and solder to it, couldnt you just snip all the legs of the old led's leg's and use the stub's??

Sorry I sound all noobish but I really dont want to fry my pcb....

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
Eject Pcb
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

Yes you can just solder to the stubs (if i get you correctly), I did it because I heard horror stories of traces being wrecked easily when de-soldering them.

halofreak007

• Archived User
Eject Pcb
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

yea like zebra said just cut the existing led and replace it this way you dont have to worry about traces and you dont have to pull out the desoldering braid

-=RepDetect=-

• Archived User
Eject Pcb
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

Cool, thnx guys. :beer:

Did either of you use 2 3mm or 2 5mm led's?? I'm wanting to 2 5mm but I can also go with 3mm if I have to, trying to use the free led's the LSDiodes gave me. :D

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
Eject Pcb
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

To use 2 5mm led you have to cut tiny chunks out of the front panel for them to fit neatly. 2 3mm led's are the better/easier option imo.

This post has been edited by The*galloping*zebra: Feb 10 2005, 10:34 PM