xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rf Power Mod - Very Short Range  (Read 26 times)

tigerjuju

• Archived User
Rf Power Mod - Very Short Range
« on: February 09, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »

I have a Xbox v1.0. I did the RF wireless remote power on/off mod described in the tutorial. Only differences are:
1. I connected the speaker negative lead to pin 2 rather than pin 1.
2. I used Zenith SL-6150  instead of Zenith SL-6140 (that's all I can find at HomeDepot)

Regardless, I was able to make it work. However, for some reason, the longest distance I can get it to turn on xbox is about 6 feet, and the distance is even shorter to turn xbox off. I have tried changing different jumper setting for different frequencies and even have the reciever chip mounted outside of xbox rather than inside, hoping to get better recieption. Neither seems to help. This chime is suppose to be able to work up to about 100 feet. Did I do something wrong? Should I have used a different chime or pin? Only other closest model I can find is Zenith LE-6140 at Lowe's. What else can I do to improve the range?

Oh, yeah, even when I stand right next to the xbox, the remote doesn't seem to always work right. It often took several presses before the xbox would turn on or off. Not sure if this is related to bad RF signal receiption...

This post has been edited by tigerjuju: Feb 10 2005, 03:24 AM

tigerjuju

• Archived User
Rf Power Mod - Very Short Range
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »

(bump)
Anyone out there with an answer? my power remote is installed, but it might as well not be there since I have to walk very close to the xbox for the signal to be received.