xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Some Hdd Issue's  (Read 124 times)

-=RepDetect=-

• Archived User
Having Some Hdd Issue's
« on: January 28, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

Well I go to play some Punisher today having almost made it through the game only to hear my Harddrive ticking like hell. You could tell it was trying to read it but it just wouldnt. I have heard it do this a few times but it never lasted long and once it started it didnt give me any problems either.

I'm assuming it's dead but I want to hope that it can be saved because like the rest of us...IT HAS ALL MY SAVES!!! I do have another xbox but it has hardly no saves on it. Any help will be much appreciated.

:beer:

jaroc

• Archived User
Having Some Hdd Issue's
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

I don't know whats wrong with your hdd, but I just wanna say nice avatar, deus ex rocks

-=RepDetect=-

• Archived User
Having Some Hdd Issue's
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

Lol, thanks man. :beer:

Killazincorp

• Archived User
Having Some Hdd Issue's
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

Ya your assumptions are correct, the hard drive is dying if not dead already. At the first sign of these types of noises you should backup everything important on the drive cuz it will eventually die and there is no stopping or correcting it. If you can still acess the HD thru FTP id advise you at least transfer over your E:\UDATA file cuz thats where all your saves are and also run the backup funtion on your dash so that you can recover the EEPROM so that you can create a new HD for it

-=RepDetect=-

• Archived User
Having Some Hdd Issue's
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »

All that is over my head and I think it's to late anyway. :(

SpookieStylez

• Archived User
Having Some Hdd Issue's
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

either ftp or physically put the xbox hdd in your pc and back it up cuz its going to die a horrible horrible death very soon :(

sS