xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Coax Or Rf Output  (Read 206 times)

#XboxBoy#

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« on: January 24, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »

i thought that coaxial was the cable that tvs uses to get TV channels from antenna cable or satellite. but i guess it is RF anyways in the tut it doesnt use the plug like this(IMG:http://dtv.oit.duke.edu/hookupcable/pix/vcr-back.jpg)
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/digital-output.php
is there anyway to get that type of output without another piece of pcb i see MS sell one http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/rfadapter.htm <

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

dude, it is coax cable for tv. <

celinedrules

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »

coaxial is correct <

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

the one in your pic look like f-type connectors. they just have a screw so they dont fall out. <

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »

Cable is coax.. Isn't that type of conector considerd composite?.... I think it is. <

#XboxBoy#

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

is there anyway to get coax output by just soldiering a wire to the a/v output. <

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 04:28:00 AM »

to get a coxial output, that you can plug into your tv and watch, you need a RF unit. this modulates the signal into radio freqquency, so that the tv can tune it in. if you just changed the video rca into a coxial connector, then teh tv wouldnt be able to pick anythign up <

bleugh

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »

M$ do an RF cable for the xbox!!

I've got one at home for sale, its not a screw style conenctor tho, so i'm guessing you're not UK,

that would mean that you prolly need to buy the RF cable relevant to your area of the world

enjoy the crappy pictures while you're there :-) <

OmegaX

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

the m$ one is like 20 bucks where i bought a universal one xbox, gamecube, ps2 for 7.99 at kb toys.  fyi.  i felt if i used the standard a/v cord and an external rf modulator i got a better picture than the strait rf cord <

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Coax Or Rf Output
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(#XboxBoy# @ Jan 25 2005, 05:57 PM)
is there anyway to get coax output by just soldiering a wire to the a/v output.

NO.

Along the lines of what someone else said. You need an RF modulator that takes  the AV output of the Xbox and emulates a cable TV channel (typically channel 3 or 4). As far as I know NO console has ever done this on its own, it is typically done externally by an RF modulator (sometimes called an RF Adapter).

The coaxial output in that tutorial is for Digital Surround sound output from the Xbox, the wires are similar but the data being transfered has little to nothing in common.

Coaxial is the name of the cable being used not the signal being transfered, the only reason it was sited as that is because it's being used as an alternative to the optical style cable also used to transmit the same surround sound audio data.

OH BTW this is in the wrong forum, you should have posted in the A/V forum.
 <