xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox. Boots 3 Times, And Blinks Yellow.  (Read 195 times)

KrazyAznFlip

• Archived User
Xbox. Boots 3 Times, And Blinks Yellow.
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:00 AM »

Hey guys. I have modded a couple of xbox's some time ago. I have fixed some with bad bios, and when installed chips, works fine. But I just acquired a xbox I got from a swap meet. Seller sold it to me for dirt cheap, saying, he wasnt sure if it would turn on or not. I took it. and brought it home.

I plugged in the cables, and turned it on. Hoping for the worst. Powers on and shows xbox screen, and boots to dash. I was like, yeah this thing works. I go and try a game to play. Plays a orginal game. So I was stoked. A working xbox. So I took out the game, and reboot.

Things I did...

1) Reboot xbox. Boots to set time/date. I set it for April 23, 2013
2) Go into Memory, and delete all of previous owner save files. Pretty much left it empty.
3) Set Audio mode to stereo. Set video mode to normal.
4)Grabbed my softmod memory card. I copied my 2 files from memory card to HD. "SID, and Splinter Cell"
5)Reboot Xbox....

I didnt even try to load up the Splinter Cell Game yet. It should be at stock. Didnt even do any softmodding either. Anyways, when I boot it up. It boots about 3 times, and on 3rd time blinks ONLY Yellow. I cant turn it off either other then unplugging it. I havent seen this before, and used to christmas lights. I dont have any chips at the moment, but this was a fully stock box, so not sure why it went something wrong.