xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Component Cable Not Working Help Please.  (Read 65 times)

gman060692

• Archived User
Component Cable Not Working Help Please.
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

because you're using a pal box you need to use enigmah to switch the box to ntsc mode.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »

You should still be seeing the picture via Component whether the Xbox is PAL or NTSC so I would guess the TV's Component connections are only set up for ED/HD (ie. 480p/720p/1080i/1080p) and not SD (480i/576i) resolutions. Check the manual to see if that is the case,

XBMC could also be an additional culprit as in PAL mode it auto-selects the highest resolution, 576i, which, specifically, your TV might not support via Component.

As gman060692 said, to enable the ED/HD settings you need to reset the region to NTSC using a region changing program. That, of course, will have to be done using your Composite SCART cable but NB. it will not be possible to use that to change the XBMC resolution settings. I'd suggest selecting Auto and keeping your fingers crossed when you swap back to Component.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 02:47:00 AM »

There was a similar problem recently. Does your cable have a HD switch? Make sure it is set to HD. It should be on the end that plugs into the Xbox.

Hope that helps.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »

1hotjob could well have hit the nail on the head. I'd forgotten to ask about the Component cable switch (again smile.gif) and it would explain everything. The simplest solution is often the correct one.

The Xbox will still have to be region switched to NTSC to get the ED/HD dash options of course.