xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2.0 Feature Discussion  (Read 1367 times)

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« on: May 24, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

KEEP THIS THEREAD FOCUSSED ON 2.0 FEATURES ONLY!

EDIT:
1. NO FLAMING OR MOANING ABOUT THIS AND THAT.
2. NO DISCUSSION OF THE RELEASE DATE!

All that only leads to flaming and moaning.

This post has been edited by marksu on May 24 2004, 05:29 PM

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

GOOD NEWS PPL ABOUT THE DLL SUPPORT!

by me
Please can Ozxodus team answare to my simple and important question?
Will DLL support be avalable also for third party programmers?

Ozxodus team reply
We will release a developers kit to encourage third party XOS2 development at some point.

This post has been edited by marksu on May 24 2004, 05:00 PM

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

there is a feature id like to discuss.... the release...

mcsenerd

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

How can you have a discussion about features when we don't even truly know what the features will actually be? All we have are ideas, conjecture, and hopes. Well...If that's what we're after here...I'll bite.

I hope it has good stability, Promised LCD Support, Support for all HD TV modes, Friendly User Interface, FTP/SMB/HTTP (whatever...anything's better than nothin/although I'm not googoogaga over the SMB like some), and...

I truly hope that it is a breakthrough OS for them. I truly hope that this OS being legal does lead to better things for all of us. I truly hope that it does become some sort of stable quasi dashboard like app that's stable and that works for everyone. I wish the best for it...I really do.

But...like the other poster said...I hope the best feature is a release date that is not so far off that many customers are so put off with the whole that they become alienated from the chip and scene itself.

modworld

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

Well if they have done what they say they have done, and it proves to work .. then I for one am coming on over to the Xenium line ... this X3 wait is killing my business and the thought of carrying illegal hardware again is worrying .. I have thought hard about this, I was a very strict xecuter supporter and stockist but the x3 will never make it and even when it does it will not live up to what it should have .. way too little far too late .. good riddence to bad rubbish .. I just hope the Xenium OS lives up to it`s claims ..

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

How can you have a discussion about features when we don't even truly know what the features will actually be? All we have are ideas, conjecture, and hopes. Well...If that's what we're after here...I'll bite.

Sure we know lot of feature of the 2.0 by reading the info releases.
Maybe you have not read their announcement

There is loads of features and was allready discussioned a lot on other thread untill it turned to a flame war. The last thread achieved 174 replies which is the record of Xbox-Scene Xenium forum. :)

PS. Reason for previous thread got closed was the x3 versus xenium stuff.
Lets not give a reason for ppl to start flaming on that subject again.

This post has been edited by marksu on May 24 2004, 05:52 PM

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

Sorry forum error resulted to double reply.

This post has been edited by marksu on May 24 2004, 05:51 PM

mcsenerd

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (marksu @ May 24 2004, 05:46 PM)
Sure we know lot of feature of the 2.0 by reading the info releases.
Maybe you have not read their announcement

Maybe you miss my point...I have seen, read, and re-read the announcement. Would you like me to link other announcements with features that have not been produced? My point is that announcements are one thing...a real product is another, and until we have something that can be seen with the naked eye...than it's all just wishes hopes and dreams. I'm not trying to be a butthead here...I just tire of reading posts about things like they are real...I don't like to sit around and chat about UFO's, Ghosts, and Aliens either...unless you've got something I can touch, feel, tear apart, put back together...it just doesn't mean much to me. I guess I'm just a cynic.

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

mcsenerd I understand.
That can be frustrating but that is nothing we can do anything about.

Only thing is to find out something else to do mean while the OS 2.0 is at testing state.  

We can also discuss things we allready know from the announcement with ppl that do have things to say. Still without any flaming or moning cause that take us nowhere. :)

The waiting can be frustrating sometimes. :)

angelfly

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 12:17:00 PM »

The two features I'm looking forward to are the DLL add-on (as well as the dev kit  :D ) and FUCKIT. The rest are also great features but those two take the cake.

Bwsk8

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

Don't flame me because I know very little about 3d modeling but doesn't including UI primitives mean that the XOS will be partly 3d.

angelfly

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (Bwsk8 @ May 24 2004, 06:57 PM)
Don't flame me because I know very little about 3d modeling but doesn't including UI primitives mean that the XOS will be partly 3d.

not neccasarily since you can have 2d primitives as well

ViRAL

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

just wonderin, r any of u beta testers? i'd like to hear how it's going if ozxodus lets you say

OpusDei

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (modworld @ May 24 2004, 05:31 PM)
Well if they have done what they say they have done, and it proves to work .. then I for one am coming on over to the Xenium line ... this X3 wait is killing my business and the thought of carrying illegal hardware again is worrying .. I have thought hard about this, I was a very strict xecuter supporter and stockist but the x3 will never make it and even when it does it will not live up to what it should have .. way too little far too late .. good riddence to bad rubbish .. I just hope the Xenium OS lives up to it`s claims ..

illegal hardware ?

what ARE you talking about ?

Xecuter 2.3 / X3 isn't illegal at all - and you are a retailer that doesnt know this ?

you admit to being an Xecuter stockist (hence made a tidy profit i'd bet) and call them bad rubbish ? Your Xenium users will probably use xecuter bios's or other xecuter software like dvdx2 (which are all compiled with XDK along with evox and all the other goodies your customers will use)

<_<

This post has been edited by OpusDei on May 24 2004, 11:41 PM

muerte

• Archived User
2.0 Feature Discussion
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (OpusDei @ May 24 2004, 05:38 PM)
probably

You have to give the customer the benefit of the doubt.  That is why you give them the best interface to do LEGAL stuff