xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Have The Over Priced Xbox 360 Bundles ...  (Read 1483 times)

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Have The Over Priced Xbox 360 Bundles ...
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(xsnoopyx @ Sep 28 2005, 08:10 PM)
whats the point of the core?? half of us will buy premium anyways

Burgleflickle

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Burgleflickle @ Sep 29 2005, 09:02 AM)
Do you guys even know specifically what the premium pack does? It seems like you're hype mongering. No one knows for sure what will be sold. Have patience, see what the gamer's market brings, and make a real decision. Guessing is just stupid at this point.

jayda

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

jester.gif
lol StepsAscend i have mates like that too hehe i may have said that to the ps2 and xbox when they were released but not for the 360. the games on release are worth actualy paying full price, But than again i got all excited and bought the ps2 the day it came out. but not the xbox ( i guess i didnt know too mutch about it )but now the 360 has got me in.

Burgleflickle

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Sep 29 2005, 08:11 PM)
Yes we all know what the premium pack does... there isn't anymore speculation becuase it's all out in the open.  And who's ripping on people who can't afford it?  All I'm saying is, juss cuz somone can't afford something, doesn't make it over-priced.  People need ta quit bitching about how much it costs and start bitching about more important things, like how there's two packs! lol

Syntax010

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

I think the $400 is rediculous. Granted, a PC won't currently really at all play commercial original X-Box games....and a emulator for PC to play 360 games is wayyyyyy off....but I mean good grief......for $400 you could buy a new PC that would have twice the hardware power that the 360 is going to ship with.

It really makes me miss the days of the old Nintendo/Sega wars when you could go out and get a full system, with TWO gamepads included, plus a bundle of 2 or 3 free games in the package.

Video game companies are really sad to me in their behavior. They know its a big market, so they are milking gamers for all they are worth. I mean really, buy the system, then buy an extra gamepad, then buy a memory card or two, then buy special wiring adapters for your home theatre, then buy the DVD remote kit, then FINALLY buy actual games......it's insane.

I for one, will NOT be buying a 360 or a PS3 or a Revolution, until they are out long enough to be as cheap as X-Box/PS2's are now. I realize that will be a long wait, but gamers really need to start standing up to this insanity and refusing to pay such outrageously high prices. We need to send a message to MS, Sony and Nintendo that we refuse to be abused like this. All it is, is nothing more than price gouging to take advantage of holiday sales.

Sadly, it's something that nearly every company does. What most people don't realize is a lot of these so-called BIG holiday promotions or sales, aren't really saving them anything. Most big stores will go out on their sales floor and mark everything up 25% for every 50% discount that they advertise over the holidays, or something quite similar. I do all my Christmas shopping during the first few weeks AFTER christmas. Why? Because that is when all the stores make huge markdowns to get rid of their extra inventory.

Trust me, if M$ were to suffer a huge defeat over the holidays, i.e. selling 50% or fewer 360 systems than they expect to sell, you'd see the price of the "premium" package drop to less than the current projected retail of the basic system.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Burgleflickle @ Sep 29 2005, 04:41 PM)
Okay, since you're the genius, tell me about everything the premium pack does. How does this compare to ps3's options? Specifically, what features does the software have???? Until it comes out, we won't know the real comparison.

jimk72

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

I don't understand why so many of you think this is over priced! Every game system for the past 2 gen. has launched at around 400USD Thats what I payed for my PS1 and my Xbox. If you think its not worth it wait and then buy it when it comes down. MS has pushed alot of things that we would still not have if they never got into gaming. I am not a huge fan of MS but I used to use PCs before windows and played games before game systems! The 360 offers so much power and effects that once you start seeing the games first hand on a HDef screen you will see it is a good deal! If not then wait and the price will come down!

-----I think the $400 is rediculous. Granted, a PC won't currently really at all play commercial original X-Box games....and a emulator for PC to play 360 games is wayyyyyy off....but I mean good grief......for $400 you could buy a new PC that would have twice the hardware power that the 360 is going to ship with.

----

Are you even a gamer? A new video card(just the video card!) for a PC to play the newer games will run you $300-$400USD just for the card. The xbox 360 system would compare more towards an Alienware system around $2300USD. As you can see you could upgrade your PC to play the new games for $300(video card)+$120(motherboard)+$220(processor)+$500(large display monitor) $120(DTS, AC3 sound card). so that will be around $1160 just to upgrade a pc to be even close to a xbox 360.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »

Just as a side note, and a lil more on-topic.... juss pre-ordered the bundle that Costco is offering (although I no longer see it posted on their site).  Premium Package with an extra wireless controller, charge kit, and PGR3 for $475.  The ONLY catch is that you pay shipping... no store pick-up.  Shipping was I think around 25 bucks.  Still a deal AND I don't have ta worry about finding a store that still has consoles available.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »

Yeah they have at least for me. I don't want to spend extra money for crap I don't need. Gamestop.com has a 2000 bundle thats crazy. I wouldn't buy that and rumor is that M$ has a bundle with a 20 something inch LCD TV bundle thats over 4000 US

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Oct 2 2005, 10:45 AM)
Yeah they have at least for me. I don't want to spend extra money for crap I don't need. Gamestop.com has a 2000 bundle thats crazy. I wouldn't buy that and rumor is that M$ has a bundle with a 20 something inch LCD TV bundle thats over 4000 US

blue bandicoot

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »

id do it...anything for my 360!!!

ChInEsE ChIcKeN

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

i have ot say 400 is a litle too much but form waa i can see all teh shit it can is is sort of reasonable

INSANE GAME

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

I think the base price for the core and the premium isn't that bad.

Considering everything that can be done with it.

But the bundled packages for $800.00 and up are just not for me.

pookiepoo

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

i know this is old but I did end up getting one (premium) for £120 with four games mwoahh ha ha ha.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]