xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Do You Own A Hdtv?  (Read 4799 times)

gehx

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(True Vox @ Mar 22 2006, 10:28 PM) View Post

*Sigh* I tried to talk the wife into letting my buy a 21" CRT, and a little TV Stuff to Computer Stuff converter-in-a-box, AND a set of speakers (All this at a little over $200), but she wouldn't go for it. It was "Too ugly" in her opinion. So we went with just a 20" flat screen CRT (or what ever it's called: The normal TV's that don't have a rounded screen - it's supposed to be sharper or something) with an S-Video in for $110. What a bloody waste. Next time, I'm... Oh, who am I kidding? I'm too addicted to sleeping in the bed as opposed to the dog house to stand up to her.

love.gif

roflmao.....I hear you bro! my wife would have a shit fit if I went out and bought any more electronics!  I'd really like a bigger TV w/ a sharper pic to play my x360 on, that'll have to wait.

jherre6

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Mar 16 2006, 12:38 AM) View Post

It had nothing to do with you, kid. I am old enough to be your father, believe me. He didn't only call me a "dork" but he also opened up his statement with "don't lose any sleep over it" which was another uncalled for, completely immature thing to do.

Another person has made a suggestion for the poll... Should we all start flaming him?

Come on now, your post is totally irrational and you should think before you type your message and had you done so you would have realized just how immature you're acting as well.

It was over when I responded to his uncalled for response. Why bring up many days old topics of conversation and drag it on and also involve yourself?

That's class right there.

Just drop it, lol. Clearly a lot of you kids and adults younger than myself don't belong on these boards if all you want to do is bring negative energy with your negative posts.

Can we call this topic 'over' and 'done with' now already? I'd bet not.. I'd bet someone, maybe even yourself, is going to fire back with yet another immature response.

Personally I get a riot out of it but at the same time I want to try to teach you youngins some respect and that's why I reply to the attacks against myself.

You know the saying "you learn something new everyday?" Well, you just did, congratulations to you, too. I hope your message board ettiquite gets better, kid.

*pats ya on the back*

smile.gif

Sincerely,
BasicAir

madsci1016

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

720p

Actually is xga, but its closest to 720p

Bought a broken xga native projector on ebay for $300, 1300 lumen 300:1 contrast lcd

Dont ever buy DLP, single chip that is. Actually found an article that the color wheel causes mental stress to some people. i know i cant stand looking at their images.

Anyway, so basiclly i have a 80" hdtv at 720P resolution, for $300 and a little part swaping, and its REAL easy to bring to a friends house for some lan gaming.  cool.gif

i use an x2vga+ to connect and a little tweaking with XBMC and im good.

Lizotte

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2006, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(ucfknight @ Mar 21 2006, 11:53 PM) View Post

Only if you have an analog CRT HDTV (direct view or rear-projection) can you truly have a 1080i TV.  CRTs will display the image in its native format up to the TVs maximum resolution.  Some may upconvert to other resolutions.

1080p:  Only if you bought your LCD (flat panel), DLP, or LCOS (SXRD) within the past year or so and it is specifically marked at 1920x1080 in the specification for the panel resolution.  This would be a small number or HDTV owners.
Of course, there are exceptions to every rule.  But this information applies to most TVs.

Yes, you left out CRT projection systems  jester.gif

I've got an industrial style CRT projector, an NEC XG110LC projecting onto a 10 foot diagonal screen. It can do 1080p, but it gets a little fuzzy at that so I run it at 1080i and it looks spectacular. Comdemned is creepy as hell at that size, and split screen ghost recon you actually both feel like you have a big screen to look at biggrin.gif And whew DOA4 is unbelievable....

Roupus

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

Wish I had one, I am missing out on all the fun.  Paying for school does not help my situation, but I have patience.  Just happy to have gotten the 360!

babanoosh

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Mar 18 2006, 02:08 AM) View Post

I own a wuxga monitor which *kind of* serves as my HDTV.  Looking into buying a Sceptre 37" 1080p LCD.  (maybe I should wait w/ SED on the horizon...)

Parents have a cheap Sony 30" 480p/1080i crt that does a good job when I get sick of playing stretched xbox1 on my monitor.   tongue.gif

Do it! I bought the 37" Naga and it's an excellent LCD! 1080p, Built in ATSC and QAM, and $1500 after rebate. Plus with the Big "C", you're more or less renting it if you decide to get another set 6 months or even 1 year down the road. I dare not go past the manufacturer's warranty and than change my mind, but they'd most likely take it, with a good excuse (i.e. the manufacturer won't fix these bugs I've been addressing to them for months and I'm fed up).

Here's a pic of mine with that I posted on "Post your 360 Pictures".

IPB Image

shank69xo

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »

Man alot fo yous guys already have nice HDTV's.  sad.gif  I feel left out. My itch for a HDTV has grown alot since I got my 360. My TV wasn't good enough for it, so i play on my 21" PC LCD. Looks like Im going to have to go run up my Circuit City charge again.  laugh.gif

Lizotte

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(HallertauRogue @ Mar 26 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

I have a Panasonic Commercial/Pro level plasma: 50phd8UK

It supports up to 1080p through the right conenction and refresh rate, 1080i for all other HD connections.

yeah, but its only displaying 768p... even if it 'supports' higher

Heres the actual specs

Specs for 50phd8UK

RELIC

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

I have a 34" philips CRT tube, displays 480p,1080i and The picture is amazing and I've become so spoiled I cannot enjoy a non hd movie, and now with my dvr I can have 30hrs of saved hd content, but one problem sticks out-not bad but i notice it- mostly in 3:4 where the 2 bars are present... the top left part of the picture where the bar meets the picture during scenes of intense bright color it worps inward, verying as the color intencity vaires, anybody else see this a bit?

Bullwinkle

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »

Westinghouse LVM-37w1 37" Monitor here...  Got it as a clearance open box for $1400 and havent regretted it at all.  Does 1080p (1920 x 1080) and works great for what i use it for...a huge monitor for my computer.  Of course I also hooked up the xbox 360 to it once and ran a few games on it.  Ran them only in 720p mode so i dont know which mode will look better (re: 1080i) but i certainly enjoyed the 720p display.    DirecTV and DVDs look decent but then again, its a digital signal, no idea what standard over the air or cable tv looks like on this as this monitor has no tuner, so no way of just checkin it out.

Downloaded a few 1080p clips to see what it could do...  was crystal clear.  They replaced the model with a 720p model, but the 3rd version due out is supposed to be 1080p again.

\h3x01A4

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

Samsung 42" DLP

seann33uk

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

they're cr*p. sleeping.gif  i mean why buy one now? In 10 years time they'll bring out a TDTV(True definition) or a RDTV(realDefinition) and the HDTV's will become another carboot £50 item that are classed as the better colour TV of today.

I say live with the cheap and buy the new when it's old. happy.gif

grr.gif XBOX's are another thing £300 for a x360....so uhh.gif  wait 2 years it will be still on the market along with micro$oft xboxhandbox but will be £100- £150 cheaper.

unleashdomainx

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

i got a 14inch ED tv

TheSchonk

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

I have an hittachi that cost alot of money but im not sure what resolution it is.

bumr055

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

it's not fair! sad.gif my cousin's mom bought a widescreen one for the living room and my cousin bought a 62"! his room isnt even 62 inches!!! sad.gif i have a small tv like 25 and its not high def!!! sad.gif
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7