xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Do You Own A Hdtv?  (Read 4795 times)

charulo

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2020, 11:38:00 PM »

From what I've read over the years about resolution, 1080i is best for 'scenic' show such as Discovery or certain movies.  720p is best for sports or action movies, including video games.  It all depends on your native resolution on your tv set.  Most tv's are 720 native.  Check your resolution manual and see what the set is capable of.

deadparrot

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(michelb @ Mar 16 2006, 05:25 AM) View Post
FYI, sorry but you've been misinformed.   According to the specs from Pioneer, your plasma has a max resolution of 1024x768 so it doesn't fully resolve 1080i or 1080p although it's likely that it can accept and downconvert the signals.

I'm aware of that.  But, it does also state that 1080p is supported, possibly with a downconversion (still says it's running at 1080p) but still looks absolutley amazing.

COTA-GodlyOne

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2006, 06:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Mar 16 2006, 07:38 AM) View Post

It had nothing to do with you, kid. I am old enough to be your father, believe me. He didn't only call me a "dork" but he also opened up his statement with "don't lose any sleep over it" which was another uncalled for, completely immature thing to do.

Another person has made a suggestion for the poll... Should we all start flaming him?

Come on now, your post is totally irrational and you should think before you type your message and had you done so you would have realized just how immature you're acting as well.

It was over when I responded to his uncalled for response. Why bring up many days old topics of conversation and drag it on and also involve yourself?

That's class right there.

Just drop it, lol. Clearly a lot of you kids and adults younger than myself don't belong on these boards if all you want to do is bring negative energy with your negative posts.

Can we call this topic 'over' and 'done with' now already? I'd bet not.. I'd bet someone, maybe even yourself, is going to fire back with yet another immature response.

Personally I get a riot out of it but at the same time I want to try to teach you youngins some respect and that's why I reply to the attacks against myself.

You know the saying "you learn something new everyday?" Well, you just did, congratulations to you, too. I hope your message board ettiquite gets better, kid.

*pats ya on the back*

smile.gif

Sincerely,
BasicAir

Dude you need to calm down =/  Losen up buddy....someone called you a dork...get over it =/  No need to make these 'im older than you, im better than you' comments. :S  Who cares...

My dad has a 47" 1080i CRT set, i dont remember any other info about it as i dont really go there that often.  My xbox 1 looks great on it though.

TexT

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »

1080i for the win!

clogicgmather

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

I own a HD Sony Bravia TV purchased about 3 months before the xbox 360 launch. It runs at a max res of 1080i although i can see very little difference between that and the 720p settings. The extra resolution is neat when using it as a pc monitor though.
Oh and to the dude who was moaning to xantium about the lack of options on the poll...  Count yourself lucky that thats the worst of your problems!  I still aint paid off the finance for my first telly  jester.gif

BasicAir

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(COTA-GodlyOne @ Mar 16 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post

Dude you need to calm down =/  Losen up buddy....someone called you a dork...get over it =/  No need to make these 'im older than you, im better than you' comments. :S  Who cares...
My dad has a 47" 1080i CRT set, i dont remember any other info about it as i dont really go there that often.  My xbox 1 looks great on it though.

You're way more stressed than I am about it, believe me. It doesn't bother me at all. Notice how I ended the message with a smiley face? LOL

I'm as calm as Snoop Dogg smoking some high-quality herb (even though I don't smoke nor condone it).

You're obviously more tense about it than I am.

*dun* *dun* *dun*, Another one bites the dust!

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Statecowboy

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Mar 14 2006, 10:45 PM) View Post

You call me a dork because I made a suggestion for another option on the Poll to choose from.

Good job, you just prooved how immature you are and that you have no class.

You, kid, obviously have an issue if you have nothing better to do then to call me a loser for making simple suggestion for the poll, which you did.

*claps* Congratulations, kid. It's people like you that help ruin respectable message boards and such.

What a dork!   laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I have a sony wega 42" 1080i and I love it!  42kdfe i think is the model.  ANyway, 1080i look sso much better on my screen than 720 p...just food for thought.

kazuyette

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Mar 16 2006, 06:06 PM) *

Well, well, well... I'm prolly not a good forum user, since I never felt the urge to post anything before today, and I'm not from an english-speaking country. Then, I got to read BasicAir's numerous posts (i'm sure this reply will generate a couple more, actually).

Few things to know about BasicAir. First, he's 24, according to his very own website (g0at, add the Ws and the .com yourself). Second, he's not a very gifted webdesigner according to the very same site. My third is derived from my first, he's a lyer. Which makes me assume, fourth, that he does not even own a single hdtv set (which is my case too, there's no shame, honey). Fifth, he doesn't make much sense in english, and obviously can't speak french at all : your ettiquite should be spelled etiquette. Take it from someone who knows.

Well, BasicAir, you made me waste a lot of time, but I got to say it was time well wasted. And why do you insist on making everyone bite the dust ? Is there too much clogging your brain ?

Anyways, I apologize to other readers for the flame that BasicAir will undoubtedly post shortly.

Hey, buddy, learn a couple sayings before you begin your diatribe :
"If speech is silvern, then silence is golden"
"It is better to shut up and risk appearing moronic, than to open it and leave no doubt about it."

I will now follow my own advice, and go back to my usual muteness. Please don't feel obliged to interrupt it again.

Bye all, and apologies for my approximative english.

RELIC

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2020, 01:49:00 PM »

I have a philips 34" crt widescreen 480i/480p/1080i.  I've had it for a year and only payed $1000. I'll be upgrading to 1080p real soon, I've already seen a couple getting really close to my price range.  so the poll says some of us have 1080p already, I dont think we've heard from them yet, right? I'm curious how crisp a 55"1080p would look.  As of right now all my 1080 content comes from my cable company, it looks great but due to the compresstion they use visually intence scenes such as smoke, fire, or lots of moving lights i get bad digital breakup, which eclipses any fuzzyness broght on by interlacing.  A good example of this is in matrix rev. were during the huvercraft/sentinal fight scene was all broken up and the neo/smith rain fight scene, the rain turned to blocks half the time.  Anybody else sick of this? Or notice it?

(cant wait for hddvd)

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2020, 05:59:00 PM »

I'm in the don't have one don't need one category...perfectly happy with my DLP projector that spews forth 88 inches across my theatre...maybe someday when the prices are right I'll pick up an hdtv...

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(kazuyette @ Mar 16 2006, 01:38 PM) View Post

Well, well, well... I'm prolly not a good forum user, since I never felt the urge to post anything before today, and I'm not from an english-speaking country. Then, I got to read BasicAir's numerous posts (i'm sure this reply will generate a couple more, actually).

Few things to know about BasicAir. First, he's 24, according to his very own website (g0at, add the Ws and the .com yourself). Second, he's not a very gifted webdesigner according to the very same site. My third is derived from my first, he's a lyer. Which makes me assume, fourth, that he does not even own a single hdtv set (which is my case too, there's no shame, honey). Fifth, he doesn't make much sense in english, and obviously can't speak french at all : your ettiquite should be spelled etiquette. Take it from someone who knows.

Well, BasicAir, you made me waste a lot of time, but I got to say it was time well wasted. And why do you insist on making everyone bite the dust ? Is there too much clogging your brain ?

Anyways, I apologize to other readers for the flame that BasicAir will undoubtedly post shortly.

Hey, buddy, learn a couple sayings before you begin your diatribe :
"If speech is silvern, then silence is golden"
"It is better to shut up and risk appearing moronic, than to open it and leave no doubt about it."

I will now follow my own advice, and go back to my usual muteness. Please don't feel obliged to interrupt it again.

Bye all, and apologies for my approximative english.

Nice work kazuyette...finally this idiot may shutup.  With quotes like he "is old enough to be most of our fathers" and how he "just wants to teach us youngins a lesson," it is quite humorous to realize that BasicAir is a complete LIAR.  And all you had to do was check out his x-scene profile with his birth year 1981 and his website confirms it as well.  One of his blog posts even mentions "when i finally start a family and have kids of my own, sure the holidays will be more fun."

I agree that it is usually a waste of time to bash people on bulletin boards, but when one individual goes out of his way to mock all us "youngins," and turns out to be a complete liar, it really is nice to see them crash and burn - nice reputation you have now BasicAir.  Oh, and for the record, I was born in 1977.

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2020, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(kolink @ Mar 14 2006, 07:39 PM) *

since i'm only 16, with no job.. i would love an hdtv... but can't afford one. I spent all my saved money on my 360, the wireless adapter, setting up a wireless home network for all my computers and games.

but i'd have to say that if i were to buy an hdtv, i'd wait until OLED came out... and the prices dropped

Check out SED before OLED buddy, sounds like much more promising technology, combinging the good elements of CRT with the good elements of PLASMA and LCD.

COTA-GodlyOne

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Mar 16 2006, 07:06 PM) View Post

You're way more stressed than I am about it, believe me. It doesn't bother me at all. Notice how I ended the message with a smiley face? LOL

I'm as calm as Snoop Dogg smoking some high-quality herb (even though I don't smoke nor condone it).

You're obviously more tense about it than I am.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

You made no sence at all during that reply.  Good job old man.

strekship

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2020, 12:46:00 AM »

No HDTV for me. I have a 13" TV/VCR combo. I have no money to upgrade.

pue5tube

• Archived User
Do You Own A Hdtv?
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2006, 06:21:00 AM »

I've got a 60" Sony SXRD and the 34" Sony XBR960.  I've had both sets ISF calibrated several times (good friend hook-up) and I'm very impressed with the picture quality.

The SXRD displays everything at 1080p but only accepts 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i.  It upconverts all sources to 1080p.  It can also realize full 720p and 1080i.  This was verified by the ISF tech using a VERY nice and expensive HD pattern generator.  It's the first TV he has calibrated out of a thousand that actually realizes the full resolution of 720p and 1080i.  Thought that was an interesting factoid.

I still set my Xbox 360 to 1080i in the dash as that is the SXRD's native resolution.  The XBR960 has the best looking picture I've ever seen for a direct view/CRT.  Mind you, this is AFTER the ISF calibration which most people never get.  The XBR960 accepts 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i but it's native resolution is 1080i, therefore it displays 720p at 1080i.

So to sum up, I'm thrilled with my 2 Sony TVs, especially when using the Xbox 360.

The only thing I might do is line the inside of the SXRD with some black material to help absorb ambient light.  This will help the black level and increase the contrast ratio.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7