xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console  (Read 6386 times)

bjs1400

• Archived User
Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »

I dont think I see myself parting from any one of my 4 xbox's.  I barely even use my 360 the way it is now and I use XBMC all the time on all of the original ones.  I plan on picking up even more after an assumed pricedrop.  I see the fun that can be had from the original console is endless with all the things you can do.  I cant wait until I get XBMC running on every tv I have in my house, including the one in my bathrooms (see sig-link).
Until the 360 can not only become as good as a media center as XBMC but can also play snes, nes, etc roms and run linux and all the other fun stuff I dont see any reason to stop using the "old" console.  Even then, I would much rather pay ~$50 per xbox (ebay) as apposed to the $400 per 360.  But, I cant complain, I paid $0 for my 360 (thank you mountain dew!) and I do enjoy it but at the same time I feel much needs to be done with it.

Neilor

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2005, 01:39:00 AM »

It'll take at least a year for the price to drop low enough for me to buy a 360 (unless I buy in Japan I suppose)

webMASTER P

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »

once xbox media center is ported to 360, i'll stop using my original one

Ramhi Rabai

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »

Well it's fairly simple to me. A friend of mine bought a 360. He hates it. He got Perfect Dark Zero and Quake 4. He used to love his old xbox but now the 360 almost seems to have put him off gaming. He's had it a week and he's already let me borrow it, and he lives 10 miles away so it's not a simple run across the road and get it back. I don't think much of the 360 myself either. It's basically got trhe features of a softmodded xbox but not as many. The graphics aren't a big enough step up for me and to be honest I just don't think it's a big enough upgrade altogether. I'm not even playing the 360, I still have it but i'm playing my old xbox. Unless the price goes down by at least 1/4 I will not buy a 360. The only reason I would buy it in the case of a price reduction would simply be to keep up to date. Looks like i'll be waiting for the PS3 and just pray to God that it's better. sleeping.gif

Dark_Raider99

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2005, 08:13:00 AM »

I'm probably gonna still keep it however sooner or later video game companies will stop making good games for the xbox and then it will be shot just like everything else.

br0w

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

even if the xbox mod scene die's, the xbox is great for a media center. i just put it on my tv in the living room and use it with a wireless controller (remote  smile.gif ), and use it as a movie player.

the 360 has a special place in my room  biggrin.gif

DivyX

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

My xbox was already forgotten totally.

Thanks to AO "advertisement" www.anarchyonline.com .
Anyway, this new one seems to be very cool. I bought premium one and have been enjoying it for 2 days now.
Niiice! My wife kicked my ass with over 7 times points than i did in Hexic, i suck @ it. It's so cool that even my wife can enjoy it. I borrowed my old and trustworthy xbox for my father, but just borrowed. It can't ever die unless the hardware malfunctions or breaks...

Anyway, game christmas for me is ruined because new morrowind is delayed. Gonna work out some PDZ.

BR: Divyx.

miller420

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

Well i probably won't get a 360 till later down the road, but my xbox will last me a long time, if not for games, for my music collection!

Sm0k3d 0uT

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

I'm keepin my Xbox around till the 360 can do half of what the original does. I don't see my self spending $500 for a system just so I can spen $40-$50 per game to play. I'll stick with my xbox till the 360 has XBMC functions and all the other goodies a modded xbox has.

Hack_Bird

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »

Im colecting MS stuff, like the Xbox one and Xbox 360, also MS Software.
And one of my favorites, A MSX Computer... Running in network with my Xbox msx Emu !

johnnyrico

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

I will never ditch a system that can still be of certain use.
I would still be able to use it as a webserver or such, or media center, so it won't go anywhere

Supplicium

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

4 letters: XBMC

only reason i have an xbox.

I play my dreamcast more than all my other consoles combined.

Andronicus

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »

untill there is a nother console that can do what XBMC can do, my xbox is here to stay.  I think I will likely try to get a few more (one for each tv) when the price starts to drop (around $100CND)

I just checked on ebay, and the price on Ebay is higher than the local electronics stores.  WTF

BlackRanger3d

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

Xbox 360
- not until price drop
- not until modded (with a good mod scene)
- not until I can do want I do with XBMC

My xbox use is
95% XBMC - (movies (TV shows) / music / some slide shows)
5% Games - I am more of a PC gamer (I have started a ton of xbox games but I have only finished Jade Empire, Halo, and Halo 2)

Turbojugend

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

my xbox is used for a media center now and to finish my NHL06 season.  Since it is esier to download a TV show in 10 minutes, it is better quality than regular TV with commercials edited out, I'll use my xbox for years to come.

Also since the xbox360 media sound is COMPLETE CRAP, I'll keep my xbox for music as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10