xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console  (Read 6223 times)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Xbox, How Much Longer Do You Think You'll Use The Original Console
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(melongstrike @ Dec 13 2005, 08:24 AM) View Post

There isn't a reason to own a 360 at the moment. Stop being such fanboys and open your eyes. NO there are no good release titles. Or good games for it yet on top of the poor performance and tons of complaints about crashes and such.

I like the xbox but the only reason to own 1 right now is to use it as a CASH COW. Get as many as you can and sell them to whomever is willing to buy it. More power to the people hoarding from friends from game stores and ebay. Make that money.

I have all of teh money down for the 360 but wil not pick mines up till February or March... in my house the xbox and all of its power still rules supreme.

Ps. As a graduatoin gift to me, my buddy brought over his 360 and let me hold it for 3 days with all the games currently out. there was nothing even eye catching except Condemned. The most I used it for was to watch movies
Devil Refects is a fu*#ing awesome film.

Flame on. smile.gif

All I will say is that proclaiming your opinion as fact is assinine. There are PLENTY of people who disagree with you on this point and there are also many people who enjoy launch titles they have. I am one of those people. In short, I fo sho glad I got "mines" ya heards me wody. (had to put it in terms he could understand)

massiveH

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 07:53:00 AM »

As previously stated, XBMC is the most essential thing on the current Xbox, so my Xbox1 will be in use till XBMC v2? is on the 360.

JoBlo69

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »

yep. xbmc is the greatest thing since sliced bread...

If M$ goal of selling a half-ass 360 to the public falls though i wouldnt be surprised... Whats up with not being able to play video files from an external hdd on the 360??? thats the biggest load of crap...

We all know m$ got most of there ideas for the 360 from current mods and apps on the xbox1

xbmc=360 dash... whatever...... theres no comparison... M$ did a shit hole job on the 360... cutting back enough freatures to make me want to buy one just to destroy it... but hopfully it will get modded with a version of xbmc so i will not take out my anger on an actuall 360... its not its falt it has shitty software.... wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif

But yeah my xbox will not get replaced by my 360 anytime soon i have to much fun watching my video files on my xbox hdd and streamed from my "non-mce pc"

avengingangel

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

While I don't use my Xbox to really play games anymore.. I have 3 of them that get used ALL THE TIME as a Media Center as well as for streaming video from my FTA DVB card.

Can't see myself putting this away or replacing it any time soon !

trance4jim

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

My old Xbox will never die!All of the time and effort.Hell no.If the 360 can do everthing that my modded xbox can do, then maybe I'll have to make room<sell>.I need all emulators and full media center capabilities from the 360.Harddrive upgrade with hacks!

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

Seeing how I wont buy nextgen till I can mod it. It may be a while.

StepsAscend

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

My Xbox will live happily aside my PS3.  I can't wait.

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(XTS @ Dec 13 2005, 07:00 AM) View Post

i wont stop using xbox until 360 can do what xbmc can.

Once I get a 360 I'll totally agree w/ this statement.  Nothing beats XBMC.

LONG LIVE XBMC!!!!

Ap0[41yp$3

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(zX_Storm @ Dec 12 2005, 09:06 PM) View Post

LoL! The X360/PS3 will never replace the XBox/PS2/PSP in my house until it gets modded. Simply stated. My 2 cents.

Ditto....

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

For gaming?  I don't use it any more, save for when four of my friends are hogging my 360.
For emulation?  I'll use it for emulation for quite some time.
For media? XBMC is awesome, I just need a home made VGA adapter to work for a softmodded xbox 1.0 and then it will forever be the ultimate in media capabilities.  (untill the 360 gets XBMC)

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(KMFDM @ Dec 12 2005, 09:30 PM) View Post

i would have to agree, i havent touch my xbox since i got the 360. all my love goes to my new baby. love.gif

i couldn't agree more.  but also as someone else said xbmc > * and that is why i moved my modded xbox from the gaming area to the living room ;p  as far as games go though i prolly won't be playing too much og xbox

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

ill keep mine in my room at least until there is an XBMC360 (from what ive seen the 360s media center pales in comparison to XBMC) and beyond that i will doubtlessly have xboxes in other rooms as media centers or cheap linux PCs, ill probably keep using them until they all break down beyond my ability to repair them, lol

RoosterX

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

I won't be buying a 360 before it's either mod'ed and/or gets the same functionality and files support like the old Xbox has, XP MC ed is as far as i know full of DRM(making my mp3 collection useless on other systems), and does not support anything else than MS own videoformat(WMV and not Xvid, divx etc)

and for the record - i really *really* rarely play on my Xbox - to play i have my computer, or when i travel my PSP 1.5 smile.gif

kdezzy78

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »

I will use my xbox well over a year or 2, i have a 360 but no fucking hard drive yet so i will hardly play on my 360 till i can get the full experience.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »

The Xbox will NEVER.  Now, and probably for years to come, it is a superior emulation platform.  Sure, the 360 will most likely be able to emulate PS2 and GC, obviously Xbox (as it does this through pure software), but the Xbox is just amazing.  We have all of our games backed up on cheap IDE HDDs, we have our saves, we have our old, classic games (NES, SNES, Atari), adn of course, XBMC.  
We will have to do some mighty good modding to the 360 to replace the Xbox (+ I like playing Halo with the standard S controller!).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10