xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Do We Post Too Much General Xbox(360) News?  (Read 3048 times)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Do We Post Too Much General Xbox(360) News?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »

probably the best idea woudl be to have as much hardware related news as possible

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 05:10:00 AM »

You have the filters so you can filter it.

and with the xbox 360 being as close as it is, there is allways going to be more 360 news.

IT will die down sooner or later and get back to its usual mix.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(raff18 @ Nov 17 2005, 11:32 PM)
i love this site it gives me all the info i need i must look at this site almost every houre just so i can stay upto date on things its my main page

quarky42

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »

The site is great. I voted that I liked the way it was now. I wish there was a vote option for including more xbox and xbox360 news of any kind.  

I agree that it would be nice if the news was categorized, except that you already have done that by including the filter on the front page.  So to those of you that also wanted your news categorized please look closer at the front page and find the links where it will show you only xbox or xbox 360 stuff.  You already got what you want ;?)

The only suggestion I could think of is color coding titles (or an icon) that shows what type of news it is.  Room for 1-3 icons might be useful showing which news items are rumor, technology, financial, scene, etc...   something could have a rumor and a tech icon or other combinations.

-Natas-

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »

mad.gif

toyato89

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

I voted for "I like it the way it is."

Also, like quarky42 said, you can filter the news with the links @ the top of the page, so what's the big deal? If you don't like 360 news, filter it out. The only problem with that is that as far as I know those filters don't filter the RSS feed. Perhaps separate RSS feeds for 360/scene news only, Xbox/scene news only, and an Everything news feed could be created, so people like -Natas- can change the feed and have only Xbox/scene news rather than complain about the 360 news.

What do you think of that idea?

Piska

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

I like general news when nothing else is happening but its a pain to skip when more important stuff is being posted for news.

c0d3_z3r0

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

This is the number 1 site that I come to check the 360 and original xbox news, the more news the better.
When I first started seeing more 360 news, it just makes me even more exited till the 22nd, but I'm only opening my 360 when a chip comes out for it, right now there is not enough info on the 360 and how fix something that goes wrong on the 360, I personally wouldn't turn my $400 system just yet until I learn more info on it.
Whenever I turn on my xbox and I see more news, I instantly come here to see what it's about.
I voted for "I like it the way it's now", this site is great, I come here every day to check the news on what is happening and what's new, and also the reviews are awesome, definitely makes me want to buy or not buy something.

Keep up the good work guys!

Dawg605

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

The most important info is posted. Who cares if it is general or not.

Xbox-Scne rules!

#XboxBoy#

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

yeah i think so but it doesnt like angry me or anything. i think it would be nice to add a filter for scene news only.

Dizzan

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

I just wonder how many times the Xbox team over at MS checks the site.. or even Bill himself.

I bet when they saw the news about the 360 already being opened they were like "ooooh !@#$!!!!!" Sure the case doesnt have screws holding the shell together, but the modding scene has smart ppl!

Anyways, yeah i check the site daily, sometimes a couple times a day... just to see if there's anything new. I say keep the news the way it is.. who cares. Keep it up!

atlanta800

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

There is a little more general news than I would like right now, but as it is I can at least wade through the general stuff to get to what I want. If anything less general, but feel free to keep it as it is, because I don't mind reading some general info as every now and again.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

great job XanTium with keeping up with news worthy articles and topics.
i think its better now as opposed to a couple weeks ago and prior where the news wouldnt update for at least a day or two, depending.
obviously with 360 due out in less than a week, there is more buzz in the air and more to inform on.

but like i said, great job and i say keep the news coming steady.

xboxman2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »

I Love Xbox-scene I started looking on here about 3months before xboxhackz went down and havnt looked back since the only thing I would like more of is Technical chat!

Cheer's

Xboxman2k3

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

This is the most constructive poll in a while. I like it the way it is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4