xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Will You Buy A Ps3?  (Read 4951 times)

disruptive_intensions

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »

i no longer have any interest in the PS2. And to be honest, any interest i had in the past was due to media hype. But along came the xbox, and i will be forever hooked!

Gran Turismo was good, but it disapears into obivion in comparison to Forza (alright, not so many cars, but shit... every other aspect makes up for that!)

Killzone may be good... but the limitations of the ps2 just make it play crap. Halo 2 definatly takes the cake.

Plus, pretty much EVERY game comes out on all systems anyway.

I'll definatly be getting an Xbox 360. And maybe a revolution. As for PS3, i'll have to see as time goes on, but chances are, i won't. because i don't like sony. and don't support assholes, liers, and cheats.

as905

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »

tongue.gif .

the only time you can HONESTLY compare xbox360 to ps3 is if the games released for both were all the same but then that wont happen & again sony's console will do it again like they did it for ps2 but this time its gonna be way better games & thats why they will be the winner again.
just watch when ps3 is released next summer the entire world from east to west will go absolutely nuts & everyone will be dying to get their hands on it & a copy of metal gear solid 4 & heavenly sword ''''WoW'''''. its going to literally smash xbox360 and revelution .

THANKS JAPAN FOR ALL THE ENTERTAINMENT YOU HAVE GIVING US THROUGHOUT THESE MANY MANY YEARS

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(as905 @ Nov 12 2005, 07:41 AM)
i like to know why everyone keeps on calling Sony liers & cheats WHY what is the reason behind this nasty name calling ????

Because they ARE liars and cheaters, are you the only one who haven't heard that Sony is sued for introducing MALWARE into your computer without permission through their music CD's and that they are trying to distribute their products of Music CD's, Movies and Videogames under a EULA (yes music and video products distributed under a EULA type license) that take away all your rights such as making own backups or playing your discs in the equipment you want?.

They even patented some days ago a method to avoid people to play their own purchased games in other people console (hope they are not trying to implement this into ps3)

anyway regarding which console i will be buying its all down to which console has the best games,in this case i think ps3 will win becuase they themself do make some quality titles for the ps2 like : ICO  & they do have games exclusively made for them xbox owners can only dream about like god of war, gran trismo , devil may cry , jak3 ,metal gear solid 3 & many others ,so let not start comparing xbox to ps2 because the two dont match(ps2 is the winner no doubt & has sold over 100 million ps2 thats 4 to 1 compared to xbox) unless you want a console that you can fiddle alot with then in this case xbox is the winner  tongue.gif .

Some times people is just blind (or too fanboy) and tend to follow the masses, and they are even convinced themselves that the games you mention are the best of the best because they are complete ignorant of the catalogue of other systems. Games such as God of War, Gran Turismo and Jak3 are just plain GARBAGE compared with their counterparts in xbox, they are not bad games either, but Sony fanboys are happy thinking they are the best available, i have nothing against this. Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy are the main reason i own a PS2, but i have not had 1/20 the fun with my ps2 than i have with my xbox.

OMG i cant believe some guy mentioned Killzone in this thread! (15 bucks Limited Edition in my country, thats what i call a success  tongue.gif )

the only time you can HONESTLY compare xbox360 to ps3 is if the games released for both were all the same but then that wont happen & again sony's console will do it again like they did it for ps2 but this time its gonna be way better games & thats why they will be the winner again.
just watch when ps3 is released next summer the entire world from east to west will go absolutely nuts & everyone will be dying to get their hands on it & a copy of metal gear solid 4 & heavenly sword ''''WoW'''''. its going to literally smash xbox360 and revelution.

And this you said is because you saw the trailer of MGS4 and this technology demo they showed in the E3. I still can´t believe there are people so stupid in the world. Sony shows a couple of prerendered CG's and makes people dream on purchase their products, this is just plain stupid (and typical of un-brained fanboys X'-D)

THANKS JAPAN FOR ALL THE ENTERTAINMENT YOU HAVE GIVING US THROUGHOUT THESE MANY MANY YEARS

Yeah, japanese people is capable of only purchase products from their own firms even if they are shit before purchase products of brands of your country, and you follow them and even beg them for more shit. the conclussion is clear enough... you have even write your post all in BOLD...

And about if i will buy a ps3... it depends of many factors and they will be cleared when the console is on the market for at last a year, i am not the kind of fanboy loosing my butt to purchase it after seeing a couple of CG movies and seeing the sticker of "PlayStation 3" and "Sony" on the case XD (and exactly the same goes for Xbox 360 but this is not the thread for this)

Cya!

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »

yeah, whats with teh posting in bold?

as for sony, they kick-started video-games for a lot of people. i know that i had a playstation when tehy came out, and loved it.

but in my opinion, the xbox is better then the ps2, and the xbox360 will be better then the ps3. but we may have to wait a bit on that one

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2005, 02:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(pcguy760 @ Nov 12 2005, 07:43 PM)
Cant believe how much better both consoles look in High Definition also...

eminvil_12

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2005, 04:01:00 AM »

I used to love sony, i even was against getting an xbox because the ugly controllers and the size of it. Then i actually got one and i was just stunned at how much better it was than the PS3.

Another reason for me getting a 360 is this forum, because i can not find a fucking decent ps2 forum with tuts and a great member base which love helping you and so many people on these foums are getting taught each day by someone else.

Also the modding capabilites, we have linux, windows, media players, emulators, BIOS programs, lots of grunt, a good looking machine unlike the PS2 (It's uglier than the ugliest chick i have ever seen in my whole entire life)

XBOX JUST IS RIPPING ALL GAME CONSOLE AT THE MOMENT. RIPS THEM......

DuggyUK

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2005, 04:56:00 AM »

i'll buy the first one to be modded.

LightningStruckMyXbox

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

tongue.gif

I might just wait for a few years for the prices to go down. Same with the 360. I will get the 360 just before halo 3 comes out. Ad that will probly be when the PS3 comes out too.

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

Oh, man! you don't know what you are talking about, almost all the features you say are nothing more than marketing

- Do you imagine your TV split in 7 parts to allow 7 player simultaneously?

- Gigabit and wi-fi are right, but Sony said these ports are NOT designet to work with a PC, maybe you will see some homebrew using it but not at full speed like it is happening in PS2.

- Standard 1080p, let me laugh at this HA, ¿did you know this resolution stress the machine 4 times 720p?, you will see in 1080p only really bad graphic games (poker or domino games XD) or even no game at all.

- Backwards compatibility, i dont mind if they use patches or discs or a free external accesory, i only want to play my games. and keep in mind xbox hardware is much more difficult to emulate with all its features (power, 5.1, HD, etc..)  than PS2

- Do you know whay blu-ray is? Answer: is nothing more than a round shaped DRM with a hole in the middle made by sony to take out your rights. and is by no means imprescindible for gaming. And No M$ is not implementing DRM's in their CD's or DVD's, because MS is not a content provider, and Watermarking (which is much worse than DRM) is not possible on standard DVD's

Because all this fancy stuff analists say xbox 360 could cost half the ps3 by the beginning of 2007 delivering about the same in gaming experience (whats up with that?) this time economics war has turned 180 degrees. umm.. wonder if Sony began to take out features like when they launched the ps2...
-----

Sony keeps lieing as with every console they launch, when they say Playstation 3 Development Kit they are LIEING because these kits don't exists in final stages, perhaps they are refering this is a recorded movie from a computer intended to create contents for PS3 XD they did that same with PS2, where are all this great graphics they showed in ingame videos before ps2 launch?, and the same happened with PSP, before launch its graphics seemed to be slightly better than PS2 graphics, and the reality is that its graphics are much poorer than PS2. Always the same shit coming from Sony before launch.

Unreal 3 engine at this point only runs on the developer´s computers and not a PS3 or even a PS3 DK XD

So we have see NOTHING about PS3 in-game graphics, but developers interviews always remarks they will be about the same than X360. Xbox 360 has the most powerful 3D chip from ATI, and PS3 the most powerful from Nvidia, and almost the same ram speed. WHY think it will have auto-magically better graphics than X360?, ok, ok, if you are a fanboy i can understand you believe in this.

And please, dont be an ignorant and dont compare difficulties in programing between Xbox 360 and PS3, please, please dont do it again, every body knows this battle is already won. Any company is easier to program to than Sony because their insistent lack of documentation and proper tools.

Dont have time to write more, good night XD

PD: i still cannot believe there are people loosing its but in spending $500 in a thing they have not seen and coming from Sony, incredible.

mantorok

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

What i will buy will be forcely an xbox360 and maybe a revolution. Even if gamecube wasnt a really good console.  It was in the cube i had my first gaming experience with Smash Brothers and Resident Evil 1 and 0. Damn those were good games.

as905

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

smile.gif

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Will You Buy A Ps3?
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

Nope, definitely not.

B-BALL

• Archived User