xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Did You Buy A Psp?  (Read 4429 times)

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Nov 6 2005, 09:56 PM)
yeah well nintendeo are dead. i think they should just give up now, they dont have the firepower to match it with sony or m$

viss61

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

I with a lot of you.  I would buy it if the price was right, but it would have to be about the price of the GBA SP for me to be interested.  It is a really cool product, but most of the time I'm either at home or driving and I am not going to use a PSP in either of these situations.

speed_racer88

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

boooooooo playstation, i honestly don't care how much these things cost im not going to buy one. why would i when i have a nice t.v. and a few xbox's in my house? I have played a psp before and i hated it, i see no reason to buy one.

pue5tube

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »

I've purchased 4 PSPs in the last week, 1 from wal-mart, 1 from Best Buy, and 2 from Circuit City.  ALL of them had stuck and/or dead pixels.  I even tried the spastic flashing red/green/blue video to fix.  Sure, 1 of them only had a single dead pixel, but my eyes are ultra sensitive to that crap.  For $250, I want a blemish-free screen.  The quality control on the PSPs sucks.  Bummer too, cause I do like it's potential.

1nick9

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »

thats suprasing. considering the has the whole global launch and everything

global launch??? the world isnt just the usa and jap tongue.gif, wat bout us pal pplz?!?!?

cheers

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(pue5tube @ Nov 8 2005, 11:52 AM)
The quality control on the PSPs sucks.  Bummer too, cause I do like it's potential.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2005, 03:19:00 AM »

well good to see that your a hard working fellow.

how do you use it to browse the net?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2005, 03:58:00 AM »

I'm a complete techno-geek (as anyone who knows me would confirm), but the PSP doesn't 'do it' for me.

When you consider they're flogging the UMD movies for £20 ($34) a pop, most of which already sell on DVD for £12 ($20) it doesn't look like financial sense at all! Sony remarketing strategy has made them a mint from those who really should know better.

Produce a facility to play your existing PS1 games on it (with no extra revenue to Sony) - that would be worth having.

A few ppl at work have them and have played with it for a little while. Not really all that impressed, especially as here in the UK they're £180 ($312) for a bare unit off the shelf. I believe that's more than the Xbox 360 core system ($299) is selling for in the US.

In the UK, the 360 core is £209.99.

So it all comes down to choice - PSP for £180, or spend another £30 and get an Xbox 360.

I know which one I'd rather own.

Martin

netfrost

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »

I had bought a floor model from futureshop, played it for a week, then sold it... It really didn't do it for me, I'm more of a console player

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

I bought one a couple of months ago after doing ALOT of research on it and i finally decided i would go out and buy one and i have to say that i LOVE IT!  I mainly bought mine for the homebrew, i love to have all my SNES, GBA, GBC, Sega, and even SCUMM roms on my psp and play them whenever.  I also mainly bought it because i liked the idea of watching movies from the umd and the memory stick.  I have only bought one video umd (the family guy movie) but i plan on buying the batman begins umd when it comes out next month.  And i love being able to convert all my season 4 family guy episodes with pspvideo9 and i can watch them on my psp on the go.  It is also cool to be able to browse the internet on the 2.00 fw.  Not to mention it has saved me from utter boredom in my fine arts class at my college, all the teacher does is lecture and put on videos, thankfully they have a unsecured hotspot so i can browse the internet while in that class or load up legend of zelda or even play the curse of monkey island!

EverestX

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

Psp is the biggest brick of Poo sony has ever made, shitty hand held, shity games, shitty support, and the only thing it has going for it is homebrew, which homebrew on the DS kicks the pspee in the face, and noe that the gp2x will be shipping to my door on the 30th I hope the psp dies with every other bastard console sony ever bore.

rolly poly

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

i got a PSP as a birthday gift from my then girlfriend. i bought her a DS for her birthday.

i love it overall.

homebrew - so much potential, much more than the xbox

games - screw that, loading times make me not want to play em

if ya want fun innovative mobile gaming, buy a DS.

if ya want a gadget with the potential to make batman jealous, buy a PSP.

scorpion303

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2005, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(rolly poly @ Nov 9 2005, 04:25 AM)
i love it overall.

homebrew - so much potential, much more than the xbox

I seriously doubt that.. As far as i can see, the psp-community is a teribly bad organized and filled with wannabe's and fakers... Nothing like the xbox development community..

JayDee

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

I found the PSP fun for ~3months, but now only a few games are worth playing imo.

The DS on the other hand is looking more and more fun.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Did You Buy A Psp?
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6