xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Did Your Xbox Psu Blow Up?  (Read 3131 times)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Did Your Xbox Psu Blow Up?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 04:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fyreblaze @ Oct 24 2005, 03:19 PM)
All I did to fix it was solder the points and It ran fine afterwards.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »

Thanks for this poll, XanTium!  I have been wondering this exact thing for about 2 months.

synslatch

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »

my xbox is still working good, but ive got a friend whos PSU blew up, I ordered him a new 3rd party one and it worked fine again and then about 6 months later it started shooting sparks lol, he brought it to me and turned out to be a bad solder point, and it was arking, didnt take much to fix thought, works fine now

Metalb00

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

all the boxes ive had the psu is fine , even the one that zapped me when i accidently touched it

module

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

My box's powersupply blew (solder joints), and the bulky replacement cable didnt even cut power to my xbox. I soldered it up and now it works fine.

Gaymer

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(module @ Oct 24 2005, 11:55 PM)
My box's powersupply blew (solder joints), and the bulky replacement cable didnt even cut power to my xbox. I soldered it up and now it works fine.

GreenPixel

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

There should be another option on the poll that says: No, I soldered up the points just in time.  That's what happened to me.  I had heard the crackling when I would plug it in, but when the news hit, I opened my box up and have never had a crackle since.  Another testimony to how great this forums is!

cRACKmONKEY421

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

toasty.  Mine didnt blow up yet, but I have a foxfire on a 1.0 xbox...  foxfire Psu's blow apparently.  I think I heard the crackling noise one time, but it could have been crack I was smoking.  Anyways, I resoldered it with some mostly silver solder with a higher melting point... dunno if it helped but everything is still working just fine.  Now I use the replacement cord in my usual setup, but my xbox gets moved a lot and I don't take the big birtha replacement cord with me.

acbella

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

I got on the xbox website a few months ago pretty much told me to replace the cord....how likely is it that something like that would happen. I bought it used...

toyato89

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

Mine never blew up. I still have it somewhere, but I replaced it with a Lik-Sang switchable one so I could bring my xbox to Germany with me. That has been working perfectly ever since I dropped it in, and the old one I never remember having problems with it.

Funny, I ordered my free cable from M$, but I never got it in the mail. Oh well it was probably that huge ass bulky thing anyways...

mantorok

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »

My PSU never had a problem, but i am ready for the time it blows up. But i have have it for 2 or 3 years directly connected to the wall and still running and beautiful. Maybe it has to be because my PSU is so FULL of that white glue i cant see most of the parts.

mantorok

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »

My PSU never had a problem, but i am ready for the time it blows up. But i have have it for 2 or 3 years directly connected to the wall and still running and beautiful. Maybe it has to be because my PSU is so FULL of that white glue i cant see most of the parts.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

As a mod chip installer I have replaced about 10 power supplys. 3 of them had the typical power connector broken off the cicuit board with black arc'ing all around.

I am glad they break so often. I get to make lots of money fixing them for people locally. Its better then having to ship your xbox to M$ and wait forever.

The BoXX Doctor

sick_mate_xbox

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »

did the xbox recall/power cord replacement warning even get issued in australia? i havent heard anything about it. the first i knew of it was when i saw the pinned topic in the tech forums..

module

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(sick_mate_xbox @ Oct 26 2005, 01:30 AM)
did the xbox recall/power cord replacement warning even get issued in australia? i havent heard anything about it. the first i knew of it was when i saw the pinned topic in the tech forums..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4