xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Did Or Do You Own A Dreamcast?  (Read 4092 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Did Or Do You Own A Dreamcast?
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ Oct 2 2005, 01:08 PM)
REZ and Ikaruga.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cabbages @ Oct 2 2005, 12:05 AM)
I know Half Life never was released, but I saw it on a torrent once. I thought it was fake, but do any of you know where to get it? Half Life with updated graphics on a console would rock.

boo17

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

I didn't like the dreamcast when i played it one time because the wire goes into your stomache when you hold the controller.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

I found a bunch of Dreamcasts for 19 bucks at my local gamestop a while back. But I was broke (yes, thats right, I didnt even have 19 bucks on me) and now I cant find them...

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(xmedia2004 @ Oct 2 2005, 03:34 PM)
Headhunter was great on DC. Has anyone played xbox version???

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(boo17 @ Oct 2 2005, 06:42 PM)
I didn't like the dreamcast when i played it one time because the wire goes into your stomache when you hold the controller.

misterhoangdai

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

dreamcast was the BEST system. it introduced me to my most favorite game of all time shenmue

spongy

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

I'll have to chime in on this one.

I love my DC. Still play it quite regularly. I was gonna list my fav's , but there's just too many. From the most popular (crazy taxi, house of the dead) to the leastpopular (seaman, typing of the dead) the DC had the best good game to bad game ratio of any console. There will always be room in my entertainment center for my dreamcast.

P.S. F355 challenge, Forza without all the B.S.

Long live dreamcast

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »

wink.gif (Tails' voice costed me 1000s of dollars (or euros) of mental health counseling though ... OK seriously ... what did sega think giving tails a voice like that?)

As usual with sega, the hardware was ahead of it's time (sega-cd (cd!), 32x (3d! virtua fighter almost like in arcade), gamegear (color screen like 10y before mariotendo), nomad 16-bit quality handheld, ...). It had an internet connection and a central system (seganet) for online gaming, the DC was powerful gfx-whise and atleast the thing had decent anti-aliasing (which you can't say about ... well you know who I mean) but also as usual (with the exception of the genesis/megadrive) sega managed to fuck it up.

For a change it was mostly sega japan that sinked the DC, together with too many delays (Rainbow six, Quake3, ...) and cancellation (Half-life, Black & White, Commandos 2: Men of Courage, ... ) of some major PC ports.
Some top titles cancellation (Castlevania: Resurrection, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, Shenmue 2 USA, Colin McRae Rally 2.0, ...), no DVD player (and talking about addons early or even before launch does no good ... (whoops, do I recognise something with the X360 here?)), the lack of money compared to Sony for marketing and the failure to finish a deal with Squaresoft  for an RPG and Konami for a MGS episode (which was rumored for a long time) killed it completely.

As square-soft became a clear 'no' what I missed most on DC: a follow-up to Panzer Dragoon RPG (rlsed on saturn), a good enix game or a translated sakura wars (OK, I'll stop DREAMing wink.gif).

The Dreamcast (Katana/Dural - by sega japan) HW development will always have one of the most intriguant misteries in videogame history. Who doesn't wanna know what the next-gen-saturn sega USA project (codename 'Blackbelt'), based on a 3dfx Voodoo Banshee chip, looks like? (did it physically ever even exist? - any demos made for it?). After the sega vs 3dfx lawsuit (settled out of court) any paperwork or possible HW should have been destroyed, which makes it very unlikely we'll ever know more about this.

Oh and sega and their slogans ... just a few 'recent' ones I still remember:
Sega! "you thought it was just a game" (must have been for the saturn around 1995 or so)
Sega! "Up to 6 billion players" (that one got banned here in europe actually ... the Trading Standards people didn't like the lie).

Let's also take this time to thank sega and their megadrive/genesis for one the the biggest hypes on the internet "All your base are belong to us"!
What you say!! ;p

Atleast sega went out of the HW biz with a bang. The 'Divers 2000 CX-1' is without any doubt one of the coolest limited edition console ever released (japan only ofcuz ... what did ya think wink.gif ... "you damn westie aint get an'thin'").

What about a sega branded Xbox 360? Now that would make the japs love the MS console wink.gif

posure

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

ooga booga and powerstone 2 = two of the best multiplayer games ever made

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2005, 02:20:00 AM »

I still have two.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2005, 05:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xombe @ Oct 3 2005, 04:31 AM)
I still have two.

old engineer

• Archived User

Ronu

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

dry.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

Holy shit you have a katana.... Nice man.. And the Gd-roms.  Bleem... Someones a PRO.  

All I got is the led modded ver1 DC, Keyboard, 2 controllers and a Vmu.

Sega bass Fishin? Man that is the best fishsing game of all time. I spent more times playing that then grand theft auto 2 and 7th cross.

everyone is talkign about all these bad ass games for dc...

But no one is Rep'in the Homebrew? Come on Guys.. You gotta check out Dr Xlax (multiplaley mayhem) and Amanda the witch..  Those 2 are some of the best yet.  there is some other pretty good homebrew also.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8