xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Which Xbox 360 Package Will You Buy?  (Read 2560 times)

Gman22

• Archived User
Which Xbox 360 Package Will You Buy?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Sep 17 2005, 11:17 PM)
91.94%+7.66%=100%?

xbox__360

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

Definitely going w/ the premium...it just doesn't make sense not too

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005, 12:52:00 AM »

The Core is a total waste of money compared to the premium. You save lots of money with the premium.

sick_mate_xbox

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 02:19:00 AM »

i will probably buy the core package, since i never intend on using LIVE. i will just buy a cordless controller and a hard drive seperatly if could afford it.. probably not

WWG YOUREDGE

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 02:43:00 AM »

Just on one of my boxes I have 20-25 friends that are in two or more box homes. One of these friends is the father of a College Freshmen and the other is a junior in High School. Both of which are very beautiful girl gamers. All three have their own boxes within the household including the father who comments the family that plays together, stays together!

Host of other friends are making adjustments to their budgets to get multi-units into their homes before Christmas. It just proves that even though the price is higher than market studies said gamers would openly spend. Serious gamers are showing that a little extra money isn’t much in the grand scheme of things to come with next-generation gaming.

WWG YOUREDGE

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 02:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(WWG YOUREDGE @ Sep 18 2005, 04:54 AM)
Just on one of my boxes I have 20-25 friends that are in two or more box homes. One of these friends is the father of a College Freshmen and the other is a junior in High School. Both of which are very beautiful girl gamers. All three have their own boxes within the household including the father who comments the family that plays together, stays together!

mastersloth

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 05:50:00 AM »

tongue.gif

WWG YOUREDGE

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

As with all things in just about every aspect of life whether it be business or home, change can be very difficult for some to deal with day to day. It seems somewhat contradictory considering the root reason gamers are going to be buying the XBOX 360 in the first place. Are we going to run out and spend more money on a new system because we want the same old thing? That’s just plain crazy!

Next generation gaming promises crisp, clean graphics and faster processing not to mention the next step into the wireless world. A platform that is designed with no cords to the controller or the headset is truly freedom. It’s a good thing being able to run downstairs from the game room to make a tall glass of ice tea or a sandwich without losing contact with other online gamers while you do so.

Anyone in my opinion that looks blankly into the future of gaming and worries whether they will be able to play Madden 2000 or the original Ghost Recon are individuals that are surely frugal and don’t necessarily want nor desire the advances offered with next generation gaming. Personally, I have been advancing with systems since the days of pong and I have never looked back.

Every change in gaming has brought better technical experiences and quality of the gaming experience. Regardless of the maker, each and every one of them had good consoles and good games at the time, but times change. Developers push the envelope to give the devoted gamers more of an experience and they do it for a reason, and that is revenue. “Tecmo Bowl” is surely putting groceries on somebody’s table, I don’t think so. The reality is the same though; we have advanced from “Tecmo Bowl” to a yearly release of Madden and the true gamer demands more in every release. The market grows stagnant and “real gamers” desire more from a system they paid hard earned money for in the first place. It’s comical to think that a developer would sit in a corporate meeting with numerous constinuants expounding “our gamers still need the ability to play Siphon Filter”. Yeah that theory is going to keep you making money and your business solvent.

Stop fighting progression and deal with it up front. Currently, I have three online gamertags and three different units in my home. Each of those units is filled with gamertags/gamers that are not questioning to buy the XBOX 360. Many are struggling on how they are going to be able to afford the XBOX 360 at all. Having to shell out big dollars to get the system, then take it home and not be able to play the older games while one recovers to buy an actual XBOX 360 game to play on their new found unit. That is why XBOX buckled and made concessions to provide the ability for backwards-compatibility but they did it at a price, and they passed that price along to those consumers. For me I am will be forced to buy the backward-compatible XBOX 360 system's to keep some of my backward-compatible online friends. It seems a necessity among online gamers to keep in touch with those folks that either have difficulty purchasing in hard times or simply have a difficulty changing with them.

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

laugh.gif

TIMxIRISH

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

muhaha.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

Premium for the HDD, wireless, and HD cables.  Already ordered at EBGames!

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »

I am buying the Permium bundle not the Omega that I have seen online for 2000 US. I hope I get one. I need the HDD and 2nd wireless controller for long Perfect Dark Zero lan parties

cbrad

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

I'll probably end up getting the premium, for the value. Depends on how much cash i have on nov. 22.

Zeusydude

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

Still dont get this, MS preches about the HDD, and dont even include it in core, shit is so lame

MiXAL

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

I would go for Premium pack, but not before XBMC runs on 360. I have no use for out of the box 360.

MiXAL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4