xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Ordered X-ecuter ! No Pc-bioxx For Me After All  (Read 593 times)

CoolSpy

• Archived User
I Ordered X-ecuter ! No Pc-bioxx For Me After All
« on: August 01, 2002, 02:50:00 PM »

I could not wait anymore. When i read about this addon for X-Ecuter that enable bios flashing i thought: "Hey, let's take X-Ecuter, enough waiting !!!"

Do you guys think PC-Bioxx is still a better choice ? Does PC-Bioxx still has anything that X-Ecuter doesn't ?

I will feel better when u guys gimme your opinion  :unsure:

Drew826

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 02:55:00 PM »

I've always preferred X-ecuter. Not exactly sure why, cause the people are pretty cocky, but I do like the fact that they actually give information about their products, and that their bios supports larger HDs. I'll probably end up getting one for the other xbox (the "family" one).

Satan00

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 01:55:00 PM »

i like x-ecuter cuz it does everything smile.gif

and uh drew what the hell is that picture in your avatar?

jlm5151

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 03:22:00 PM »

It looks like a modded box with a bunch of red wires to me.

Drew826

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 04:03:00 PM »

it's a picture of my enigmah attached to my mobo before i put it all back in the case

CoolSpy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 02:53:00 PM »

It looks like flames coming out of a modchipped motherboard  !!!
Spill some water on that, quick !!! biggrin.gif

gnat_

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2002, 02:55:00 PM »

Since there's no public info about the X-ecuter flash addon, it's impossible to say whether you made the best decision yet.  We don't know cost, # of additional solder points (if any), what bioses it is compatible with, etc...  

I would've at least waited until details about the add-on became available.  It looks the X-ecuter+addon vs. OpenXbox goes on...   wink.gif

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »

I beleive u made the best choice...... wink.gif

I see the X-Ecuter crew as the best Mod and Bios crew todate...smile.gif

And the EvoX crew as the best Bios and prog crew todate.....biggrin.gif

atta

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2002, 06:01:00 AM »

Can't one just reflash the onboard flash with whatever new version comes along, and disable the mod.. ? Once you have a mod installed, with an disable switch, why would you need a reflashable mod?

noleech

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2002, 07:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (atta @ Aug 2 2002, 10:50 AM)
Can't one just reflash the onboard flash with whatever new version comes along, and disable the mod.. ? Once you have a mod installed, with an disable switch, why would you need a reflashable mod?

That's the downside of the LPC mods (like x-ecuter), you can't reprogram your original bios.

I think we will soon see homebrew LPC modchips, that have the same functionality as x-ecuter and are as easy to solder. Maybe EvolutionX bios 2.3.

Until then; if the x-ecuter add-on is easy to place and remove and not too expensive, I would go for that.

I know you hate this answer: just wait a little bit longer.

sade

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2002, 07:50:00 AM »

Explain me what the x-ecuter bios does that evox2.2 does not ? ...  dry.gif

ABEG

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2002, 09:35:00 AM »

EvoX 2.2 does not support the eject trick. X-ecuter is currently the only BIOS that supports the HDD Hack, No-Patch Hack, and Eject trick at the same time. If only they had made it flashable I would be ordering one right now. I will most likely wait a few more weeks to see if someone cracks the X-ecuter code or if a similar chip comes out that also has the ability to be flashed via a LPT port.

gnat_

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2002, 08:56:00 AM »

We have been "looking" at a flash upgradeable design (connect to LPT port) but this will not be any kind of add-on and will be a seperate product designed for those that want to play around with the inferior BIOS files available online, if and when we ever decide to do it. This will be similar to the openbox but would be much cheaper and will not have any BIOS programmed to it. Remember if there is any news on X-ecuter - don't beleive it till you read it here. If we are working on something as opposed to just looking at something we will let you know.

....Uhh, whoops!   biggrin.gif   Shouldn't have ordered that X-ecuter if you were planning on flashing your chip!!  Guess you'll have to get their new upcoming version, that is if they release it.  Note that they're only "looking into" developing it, and that it has not officially been announced yet.

CoolSpy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2002, 09:18:00 AM »

Damn this sucks !!! I will be cancelling my order for X-Ecuter at once !!! I'll go with PC-BioXX now !!! Anyway, i don't like the X-Ecuter team ... they like to hype a bit too much for me  mad.gif

[oMega]

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2002, 10:59:00 AM »

Ok man, I am still going with x-ecuter. Really dont plan on upgrading the flash on X-ecuter since it has the best bios available.

If anything happens and problems, I am sure there will be ways to get past them.

I just want a simple mod that does everything.