xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)  (Read 9332 times)

OpusDei

• Archived User
Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (dindingwe @ May 15 2004, 12:51 PM)
do you have any tutorials for the 2.3b lite chip? and my programmer does not come with a ground. is that really required?

no the ground is not required - ive never used it

OpusDei

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (dekor_one @ May 2 2004, 01:50 AM)
oh man.. i plugged in a ground wire into my 2.0 lite and trned my xbox on, smoke came from my chip and now when i turn it on i get 32 reboots and a shutdown...

this thing is a PIECE OF SHIT..

did i fry my chip? someone help please! i dished out a loit of $ for this shit

you did a bad install and made it smoke and call it a pece of shit ?

dont blame the tools bro........

BK4u

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

I have an x2 2.3 lite plus and I messed up flashing the bios with the cd's so now I have the trouble of trying to figure out this programmer.
I have tried x2cable and I get an error sync=f.
Using X2pro I get an unable to start driver error.
And finally using xbox bios manager, it doesnt recognize the chip, something like 0xFFFFFF.
I have the switches on the chip set to enable, unprotected, and bank 1.
Can anyone give me a hand?

Jesusfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

cool.gif Thanks for the good tutorial, however; lite version doesn't need a ground, and need to use switch that comes with it instead of dip switch. it took a while to figure out.

Llamma

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (BK4u @ Jun 6 2004, 11:40 PM)
I have an x2 2.3 lite plus and I messed up flashing the bios with the cd's so now I have the trouble of trying to figure out this programmer.
I have tried x2cable and I get an error sync=f.
Using X2pro I get an unable to start driver error.
And finally using xbox bios manager, it doesnt recognize the chip, something like 0xFFFFFF.
I have the switches on the chip set to enable, unprotected, and bank 1.
Can anyone give me a hand?

ive sen a hundred times ppl saying use X2 Bio smanager v2.1 and not the old x2cable dos tool - did youread any of these posts in this thread ?

this threda is OLD stuff - new tutorials aremuch better and there are better apps

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

I got SYNC errors too so I decided to just do the direct connect method and it worked! Used XB2M woohoo!  smile.gif

BK4u

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (Llamma @ Jun 11 2004, 12:21 AM)
ive sen a hundred times ppl saying use X2 Bio smanager v2.1 and not the old x2cable dos tool - did youread any of these posts in this thread ?

this threda is OLD stuff - new tutorials aremuch better and there are better apps

I did read a majority of the posts in this thread, and I tried X2 bios manager as I said before, I also just read in the readme that it works for the X2 lite, and X2 pro, but it doesnt say it works with the lite plus

Can you give me some links to some newer tutorials/apps? TIA

robstar

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

I'm using the X2programmer I get an unable to start driver error. How can I fix this error.

Dreamthief

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »

cool.gif  wayyy too cool dude, loved the tutorial. worth framing i would say.
i am running a v1.1 xbox, used the evox flash from the disk....oooops, didnt work out the way i wanted it too. so, back to the internet to order a flasher for it. got the flasher, ACTUALLY READ what you have posted( a first for me, trust me, as i seem to feel i can figure anything out on my own) found out that i was wrong. re-read the tutorial step by step, and flashed my xecuter 2.3b lite first time.
only problem was...the bios i flashed with was bad. read alot of other forums, and found out that if i get "error 16" coming up when i was unable to boot off my mod, it meant that the clock settings were bad. went to evox bios 4983.67
boom, fired up first time.
so check your bios versions, download a few more just to make sure. but dont give up hope yet...  laugh.gif  there is always hope it seems.

elbrujo58

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »

just a little info .you cannot use the ground wire on the x.23b lite.it will short out so do not use it !Also use a short cable,a cable that came with my programmer was to long and I ende up using the direct connect method and that did work .THANKYOU biggrin.gif

aquiesce

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

Also just an afterthought you dont need to superglue the metal shield back on to the paralell plug. I too thought it was some sort of an earth but as not all the pins are utilised for this progger it must take its earth somewhere else because I have flashed dozens of mods without this shield on smile.gif
Just thought id mention it incase you dont wanna put superglue on your new progger smile.gif
Cheers

Great tut though

fuzzysack

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

wink.gif

Maybe it's windows XP..? I wish someone made a full win32 app of this program... That way you could rule out Legacy LPT port problems....I think XP don't like to support LPT ports in DOS.
Here is a thought make a bootable USB Pen drive with Cable 2 app and other junk... That way you will be in TRUE DOS.... This will only work if you bios (Motherboard) Supports booting from USB devices.

biggrin.gif

X-ecuter

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (fuzzysack @ Jul 31 2004, 12:32 AM)
Maybe it's windows XP..? I wish someone made a full win32 app of this program...

erm X2 Bios Manager v2.2 wink.gif

X2BM has been out for around a year now - its just that this tutorial is OLD

maybe ill do a new one ?

im_so_shibby

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

dry.gif  So what your saying is i can use X2BM 2.2 & X2cable in the same folder and i dont need the ground wire for a 2.3B Lite +. And instead of a ground wire use the external switch. THATS IT? blink.gif

X-ecuter

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

what has x2cable got to do with it ???

x2 bm is a standalone application - it programs both lite and pro as well as a bios creation and management tool

you should try downloading it and reading the readme file before asking questions wink.gif

the ground wire hasnt been needed since X2.0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14