xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)  (Read 9193 times)

j_Park

• Archived User
Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

I have a 2.2 lite+, and its bios seems to have been spontaneously erased recently. so i bought the programmer thinking it would solve my problems, but it hasnt helped anything...my 'box still frags when the modchip is enabled.
1. when i connect the ground wire from the chip to the programmer, the whole thing is shorted, causing the 2 red leds to go off, and causes my comp to restart if its connected usb. should i just connect the external switch to the chip instead? or does that cause it to not write/reflash correctly?
2. has anyone had an instance of x2cable completing the reflashing process, but the bios does not seem to work? because x2cable says it finishes writing every time, but the 'box still frags
3. i read on another post that xp has problems w/ either the programmer or x2cable, and that 98 is more compatible. has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, is it rather obvious that its having problems?
4. the blue external led no longer works, got burned out...is it used as just a signal for the chip or does it act as a diode, actually directing the flow of current, and might be causing the malfunction?
I'm not quite sure if this is a bios problem, or a reflashing problem, or a bad chip problem, etc., but any help/advice would be much appreciated.

e-z

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (vtron70 @ Feb 11 2004, 02:02 AM)
Sorry, I should have elaborated. What I meant was, there was a wire that came with your programmer. And unfortuantely, the programmer doesn't come with an inventory list. But that wire, I found out the hard way, is for the older chips v2.2 and such. So you don't have to use that wire at all. The reason I asked is because I tried using that wire when I was having problems, and is shorted out my chip, causing my lights to not turn on. I was just trying to eliminate one of your prospective problems. I hope I didn't confuse you.

thank you again, now i can forget that one wire. the problem is still standin' strong since the chip ain't getting power via the goddamn programmer. (but now i know that the wire simply isn't for my chip!)
respect.

duck1313

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

How do you set up the 2.3lite+?

Eyedea

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 05:46:00 AM »

Is it possible to just flash the chip through the LPT using X2 Bios Manager V2?

I have yet to receive my chip but in reading the tutorials it looks like there is a "Flash" button.

NFCTinken

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

Yes. As long as you follow the necessary directions X2BM V2 allows you to create the BIOS for the chip and directly flash it from within the app via your LPT port.

ni66e12

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

When i used x2bm2, i get stuck at 50% flashing.  Anyone know whats wrong?  I am able to flash it with erase and read with x2cable in dos.  But i cant flash the chip with the 1mb bios.

Noyfb

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

reading through this post. i needed to programme my chip after a bad flash

i have executer 2.3b lite
i have the old style programmer
i am running xp
using x2cable

i tried a tut says set it to 95(compatability)

was getting sync errors (7)

tried windows 2000 compatability and it worked first time.

programmed and verified straight away.

beerchug.gif
best of luck everyone else
pop.gif

daghostmon

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

For those of you like me who have read everything and have given up on your programer here is another way to save your chip. The problem is it requires you have another working xlite chip in an xbox.  It worked great for me, so if you can get a hold of another modded box go this way.    http://www.xbox-scen...ead-modchip.php

swese44

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

I'm gonna use a programmer I got from system-mods to flash my chip. I have a few questions though before I mess something up.

Programmer I Have

I have an Xecuter 2.3B Lite. Each bank is 512KB, right? The tutorials I found say to make the bios 1 MB, which would take up the whole chip. How would this work with the bank switch? Would it only boot from one of the banks, and if so which one? Can I hook the chip up to the programmer the way it is, or do I have to solder or cut any wires on the programmer? Thanks a lot.

swese44

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »

Nevermind, got it all worked out.

dekor_one

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

oh man.. i plugged in a ground wire into my 2.0 lite and trned my xbox on, smoke came from my chip and now when i turn it on i get 32 reboots and a shutdown...

this thing is a PIECE OF SHIT..

did i fry my chip? someone help please! i dished out a loit of $ for this shit

dekor_one

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

bump. i NEED an answer.. i need to know whether to just wait for the X3 if i fried my chip.. also, is there a tutorial on how to take out  amodchip without just ripping the soldered wires out lol.. i got osmeone to do it for me so i dont know how to take one out.. thanks

mykel

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

I am now getting SYNC=1 errors. It scrolls them pretty fast, so I've just pressed CTRL-C after it got about 20 SYNC=1s scrolled. I didn't know it would stop eventually.

What does SYNC=1 mean? At first I had the ground from my 2.2+ plugged into the programmer. The lights would come on on the programmer, but not the chip. I disconnected the ground, and now both lights on the programer AND modchip light up. When I try to flash I get Error: SYNC=1. In X2BM, it says it can't detect the xecuter 2 chip 1x01010 or something like that.

What should I check?

Oh, I'll let it run all the way through and check my parallel port setting in the BIOS when I get home.

dindingwe

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

do you have any tutorials for the 2.3b lite chip? and my programmer does not come with a ground. is that really required?

OpusDei

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »

forget error codes and their meanings. forget using x2cable from xbox scene downloads (it dosnt work right)

use x2bm v2.1 - if you get not detected or any error code its not reading your mod. the mod is either flash protected, cable not right or pc setups wrong. it is a very very rare occasion that the mod is faulty.

ive fitted and flashed hundreds of these mods - failure rate is not even 1 in a 100.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14