xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method  (Read 13286 times)

punisherzzzz

• Archived User
Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2003, 08:33:00 AM »

How do you connect with the RCA connectors and to what your computer right..........wow im really confused and would really like some help about how to conenct the chip to the whatever

runciter

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2003, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (punisherzzzz @ Apr 22 2003, 11:26 AM)
How do you connect with the RCA connectors and to what your computer right..........wow im really confused and would really like some help about how to conenct the chip to the whatever

?  I'm confused with your question... the RCA connectors are used to connect your Xbox to your television/display.  They come standard with North American Xboxes (not sure about elsewhere).

punisherzzzz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2003, 08:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (tester123 @ Apr 21 2003, 05:49 AM)

Ok, here we go.

First make sure you're using an RCA connecter. An RF, S-Video, or HDTV pack usually won't work with the Cromwell 1.8 bios.  You'll get a blank screen with a slight wave.

This is what i am talking about, where does the chip come in...is this after you install the chip fully........do you flash it before or after the installation

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (punisherzzzz @ Apr 22 2003, 04:33 PM)

Ok, here we go.

First make sure you're using an RCA connecter. An RF, S-Video, or HDTV pack usually won't work with the Cromwell 1.8 bios.  You'll get a blank screen with a slight wave.

This is what i am talking about, where does the chip come in...is this after you install the chip fully........do you flash it before or after the installation

Yes, you use this tutorial after you've modded your Xbox with an X2lite. You'll know it's successfully modded, when you boot your Xbox and the DVD ROM automatically ejects. You'll need to hook your Xbox up to your TV using an RCA connector that comes standard with your Xbox. If you don't you'll get an blank screen with a slight wave.  

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2003, 08:26:00 AM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... people are still starting new threads about this. Bump!

Mods please pin this, thanks...

-Punchy

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2003, 11:51:00 AM »

grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

punisherzzzz

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

Now you'll need to create an ISO for your bios. To do this you'll need to add your "bios.bin" to the ISO you're going to create. You will also need a "fluffing" file. This adds size to the ISO so the Cromwell bios can mount it. So you'll need to ad a zip file to the ISO. I used Nero.exe, and put it in zip form and added it to the ISO. So now you should have "bios.bin" and "Nero.zip" in your directory. NOTE.... The "bios.bin should be listed on top of the "Nero.zip". Create the ISO and save it as "biosflash.iso"

Now you have an ISO bios file.

im confused about this part so far..i made the bios.bin , then now i made a winrar.zip named "nero.exe", should there be anytihng in it???
Any help would be great
thanks

This post has been edited by punisherzzzz: Apr 23 2003, 07:49 PM

punisherzzzz

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2003, 12:56:00 PM »

help me please  

sith

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2003, 12:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (punisherzzzz @ Apr 23 2003, 08:23 PM)

Now you'll need to create an ISO for your bios. To do this you'll need to add your "bios.bin" to the ISO you're going to create. You will also need a "fluffing" file. This adds size to the ISO so the Cromwell bios can mount it. So you'll need to ad a zip file to the ISO. I used Nero.exe, and put it in zip form and added it to the ISO. So now you should have "bios.bin" and "Nero.zip" in your directory. NOTE.... The "bios.bin should be listed on top of the "Nero.zip". Create the ISO and save it as "biosflash.iso"

Now you have an ISO bios file.

im confused about this part so far..i made the bios.bin , then now i made a winrar.zip named "nero.exe", should there be anytihng in it???
Any help would be great
thanks

i think what he is saying is u need a dummy file on your cd, not sure why he said to use nero.exe, but i think that anything with a size around that of nero.exe and an alphabetic listing after bios.bin should work.. correct??

and shit.. i thought i should tone down my signature as it is big.. but punisher, u take the cake..

.sith.

This post has been edited by sith: Apr 23 2003, 07:58 PM

Eternal-X

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2003, 01:00:00 PM »

I think Punchy is saying he took his Nero Setup file(Nero.exe)and put it in a Zip file(Nero.zip). Then he put the Zip file on the CD to take up space on the disk. Suposedly the Xbox dont like CDs with only a few KB.

Hope That Helps,
Eternal-X

punisherzzzz

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »

im having a problem with flashing my chip, heres what happens, i turn it on and the frag light comes on but still boots to the linux 1.8 bios thing. this is what comes up and says my hdd is blocked, is this a problem?
http://www2.freepich...ges/35503/1.jpg

then it loads up the insert disk thing below:
http://www2.freepich...ges/35503/2.jpg
Then i insert my CD-RW with the Ozchip thing on it and this comes up
http://www2.freepich...ges/35503/0.jpg
how long do i have to wait to try it again, and the CD-RW im using is a MEMOREX CD-RW BURNED at 2x
im not sure what to do, one thing is do you have to put the ccromwell1-2.bin file in that ISO ?????
Thanks for aqll your help

punisherzzzz

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »

PS i made my SIG smaller due to popular demand!!! I still need help though

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2003, 06:28:00 PM »

Do not use MEMOREX CD/RW's they're crap! (my opinion) Use imation or fujifilm. I've never had any trouble with those two brands.

Just change the brand of CD/RW to imation or fujifilm.

Yes, the DVD drive is suppossed eject, then the LED is supposed to flash red once then stop. Thats the cromwell bios doing its thing.

Just change CD/RW's and you'll kick this in it's @ss!!! Good Luck....  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

-Punchy ph34r.gif

punisherzzzz

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2003, 06:32:00 PM »

wow i was choosing between those two and picked the wrong one, that blows, im out 12 bucks now....but thanks for all your help and will it actually work this first time i do it again?...........do i need to put the cromwell1-8.bin in with the First file or not?

This post has been edited by punisherzzzz: Apr 24 2003, 01:34 AM

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (punisherzzzz @ Apr 24 2003, 01:32 AM)
one thing is do you have to put the ccromwell1-2.bin file in that ISO ?????
Thanks for aqll your help

No, you need to add an X-ecuter bios or any other bios that will let you run un-signed code.

You can find this bios at the "usual places".  ph34r.gif

-Punchy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23