xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Divx On 360  (Read 3172 times)

DagsJT

• Archived User
Divx On 360
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

You need Windows Media Centre Edition to use it tho right?  And most people don't have the Media version of XP on their PC sad.gif

Cyberz

• Archived User
Divx On 360
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »

I dont wana use media center, damn!

FuNiOnZ

• Archived User
Divx On 360
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

And now that you can run video from a USB external drive or a burned dvd/cd, how long till someone figures out a buffer exploit and we get XBMC360  ph34r.gif

notguiltystyle

• Archived User
Divx On 360
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »

I know this is a shot in the dark and it probably wont work but someone has decided to create a pitition for DIVX on your 360. If you have a spare moment please sign this if you feel it could make a difference?

http://www.petitiono...e.com/Divx4360/

Zapin

• Archived User
Divx On 360
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

If it was not obvious months before the 360 was released when they first told us there would not be divx/xvid support then it should be obvious by now that they have a revenue model for video that they would have a very difficult time marketing to movie and tv studios if the 360 was capable of playing divx/xvid natively.  Only formats with a decent DRM system built in will ever by openly supported by MS since the suppliers of the content will want to have some control over who can play the content and for how long.  100 points and you get to watch some TV episode.. 400 points and you can rent a movie (video expires in a week or so).  Video served  and instantly paid for by a marketplace already on the 360.

I think the resourceful owner will find workarounds and hacks but for MS to openly support xvid/divx is not likely.  It is naive to think that any pressure from us will turn MS around (after all the market is full of divx/xvid capable dvd players) so better to just wait for the inevitable hack/chip that will finally unlock the 360 to its full potential.

Personally I cheer the constraints that MS places on the 360..... the more incentive that the hacking community has to unlock the box the sooner it will happen.

MentalDragon

• Archived User
Divx On 360
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cyberz @ Nov 1 2006, 08:37 AM) View Post

Hell yes!
Anyway, I got Vista Medica Center to work with 360, is there a way to stream divx throu that?
Tryed vlc360 but it dosent wana start, maybe dont work with Vista?!?!

thx

I use Transcode360 with my media center to stream Divx and other formats to my xbox360... works great!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]